hello everyone my first day registered

caveman

Local time
5:07 AM
I am just getting started I want a motor bike really bad. so im doing alot of research. i'm looking for a front suspension mountain bike nothing to expensive just good enough to be reliable and what are your guy's favorite motor to put on your bikes? my budget is about $400-$500

Welcome to MBc, Caveman. Now that you have introduced yourself, be sure to read all you can, including the 'Stickies'. They contain a lot of information. For example, Sticky #1 under ‘Introduce Yourself’ has 20 or so links to “How To…” threads, and important pages for you to follow. Sticky # 3 has info on forums, how you are expected to conduct yourself, and where you might find and use various features. But, read all of them, and be sure to use the search feature. If you are still stumped, post a question in the proper Forum. Good Luck.

I wish I could help you, but I don't know a lot about mountain bikes. My favorite motor, however is the Robin-Subaru EH035 4-stroke. For its size, it is a potent little powerhouse...but it is not cheap, I'd start my research. Remember...if you start with a cheap bike and cheap motor, you will end up with something un-reliable, UN-safe, and costing you a lot more than if you would have started with a quality bike and quality motor. Again, Good Luck. (p.s. Keep the 'Barney Rubble' brand products, Caveman.<g>)

$

Hi. With those funds i would look at friction drive,or pull start centrifugal clutch mabe 4 stroke for easy filling.

You could definitely do a China girl 2 stroke motor on a dept store bike in your budget.
You could substitute a used name brand mountain bike or older beach cruiser (70s, 80s, 90s) that would be more durable within that budget. I think your budget allows you a few good options for gas motors.

Back