Hello from a Newbie and Thoughts on this set up for rear Disc Brakes.

MRITRAVIS

Local time
3:07 PM
I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Travis I live north of Dallas. I have been lurking for some time trying to figure out what I wanted to build. I decided on a whizzer. I bought a 2005 Whizzer the other day that I am in the process of redoing. I have torn the engine down and sent the cylinder, head, and clutch to Quenton to be modified. I intend of a custom frame eventually but for now I just want to get it up and going and reliable.
The rear brakes on my bike were shot. I dont know if this has been done on a whizzer here, i couldn't find a thread on it. My thoughts were to remove the band break and turn the inner housing around and tap it for a disk brake. I will also secure the back side of it with nuts and lock tight on the bolts. I did just that today. I also built a mount for the Disc break caliper. I still have to paint the adapter and add the nuts and lock tight on the disc brake.
I appreciate all input. I would like thoughts and opinions on this and I wanted to know if it will hold up.

Thanks,
Travis

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 332
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 371
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 325
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 327
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 323
  • photo 8.JPG
    photo 8.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 355
That's an excellent invention and adaptation of disk brake components onto a frame that was not designed for disk brakes.

Seriously, that's a d.am.n excellent idea !!!

I appreciate the kind words. It really worked quite well. If anyone needs a copy of the mount I made I can scan in a pdf of it that can be printed out to scale and make the cutting of it quite easy.

Back