Hello from another new MB enthusiast

G

GGH

How ya doing? I'm a fifty something guy who has owned a half dozen motorcycles, several scooters and mopeds over the years and was also very much into bicycling as a youngster. Now, I seem to have caught the bug to build a motorized bicycle. I'm still formulating my plan and still have much research to do before I start acquiring the gear I'll need. Hopefully that's where this site and all the knowledgeable people who post here will come in. So far I've settled on a four-stroke setup which I would like to run through gears, possibly a 3-speed rear hub (Sturmey Archer type). I also like the look of the Aluminum frames with built in gas tank, GT2A, I believe they are called, but wonder if they are sturdy enough for a 210+ lb rider. Anyway, I love a good garage project and hope to end up with something I can be somewhat proud of. And hoping to do this with a budget of no more than $1000.

Welcome aboard.

A good bike can be built for under $1000.

I'm no expert on those frames you mentioned. But I have heard people recommend getting only a genuine Skyhawk on the grounds that at least some knock-offs are not as good as you'd hope.

Best of luck and have fun.

Back