Hello from Auburn WA ! ! ! From Jim ! ! !

T

the wheelmaster

Hi all ! glad to be a part of this cool comunity ! I'm going to be putting a motor on my Walmart Mongoose and will be needing much help, I'll post some pictures of her and you can maybe give some advise on what type engine would be best, the bike resembles the one on the GEBE ad to the left here, I'll figure out how to post pics in a bit and show you, by the way, whats a ballpark price for the motor and hanger parts ? thanks, and look forward to chatting with you all.. Jim:D

Ballparks are figured out, here's my new question

Which motor is the most powerfull ? are the new four strokes the way to go ? in the past on the dirtbikes I preffer the Old big bore two strokes, but we're talking a different world here, who has the beast of a motor I would like best ?:)

you'll have to go read the forums like the rest of us do...everything you need to know is there. use the search engine...go nuts just browsing...you have lots to learn, we have lots to learn from.

welcome to MBc.

Thanks Augie, I'll get this figured out and post pics of the bike after I've done more reading and find the appropriate thread.....

welcome man, i would get a two stroke, due to the complicity and added weight of a four stroke also i think u probaly might get more power out of a 2 stroke if tuned properly, but the big bore 2 stroke dirtbikes via kx 500 and cr 500 i would love to have one but the new 4 stroke dirtbikes have come along way. but i get as much funn on my litttle motored bike

Thats an Older new four stroke you have there in the 400, how's it been treating you ? I'll have some pics up of my heavily modified 82 yz 490 to show you soon, gotta love the MX bikes !

my 400f has treated me very well needed nothing but oil changes it whopped a kx 250 and yfz 450 on the street, racing and my bike needs to be jetted right cause it bogs realy bad off the line but its great i was gonnaa buy a 91 cr500 but i think its to much bike were i ride, if u wanaa talk more about dirtbikes , PM ME cause this is off topic.

Back