Hello from British Columbia

tbphotos

Local time
4:30 AM
I have just purchased a Robin Subaru EH035 engine a few days ago, and still waiting for it to arrive. I am looking forward to getting it installed on my 26" mountain bike and taking it for my first (slow) ride out on the street to see the looks on my neighbors faces. Also looking forward to reading and using the forums on this great website here... Thanks for letting me join.

Hello from Ontario

Welcome,
Where did you order your engine from? Is there a Canadian dealer?

Hi again,
When you ordered your engine from the States, did you have to pay duty or just the sales tax and shipping? I'm thinking of ordering a Friction Drive and ditching my stinky 2 stroke.I thought that if the product was built in the US canadians didn"t have to pay duty (Free Trade and All)

Cheers

To Walkerjet

I haven't received the engine yet, but I just got a tracking message from USPS that it has cleared Canada Customs on August 14th at 11:04 A.M. I will let you know about any duty or taxes as soon as I receive it... hopefully in a few days. Take care, happy riding.

Thanks tbphotos,
Please keep me in the loop on your order requiring duties, I know it can be as much as 20 - 30 percent including UPS Broker Fees! I so sick of my NOISEY 2 stroke; it's very fast, but stinks up my garage. I love the simplicity of the 4 stroke friction drive.

Cheers

No problem, walkerjet, I'll let you know. And I think I can relate to your 2-stroke, although I have never owned one, but did quite a lot of research on these bike engines before I decided on my RS 035. I believe that the 4-stroke does run quieter and also the fuel fillup is so much simpler without having to mix the oil with the gas. I'm looking forward to driving up to the gas pump at my local Shell station to fill up and watch the looks that I'll get. I'll keep you posted on any duty or taxes. Cheers!

Back