Hello from Colombia

Dave_mech

Local time
1:53 AM
Hello people, I'm Dave, a machinist and mechanical engineering student from Bogota, Colombia. Two and a half years ago I bought a Chinese electric bicycle to commute between home work and school. It had a number of problems until after a year of use the CDI got toasted and I decided to remove the electric parts and replace them with a gas engine. The only kits already available here are HT engines so I adapted one to it on an extremely n00b build that gave me a lot of headaches but also was very educative.

f9hHEg9.jpg

Original electric bike

52l1U01.jpg

And desecrated with the HT engine

Then last December I had a bit of a bad crash (I'll make a thread about it later). The damage was repairable, but I was tired of this frame because it was reinforced for the weight of the electric parts and thus way too heavy in case the engine had any problem (which used to have a lot). So after a couple months I bought an all terrain frame and tried a second build with the same engine. Probably because the bike it's lighter it has been behaving better, but it still has some bugs I'll address in the proper forum section. Here's my current ride:

iohMLLy.jpg

Riding here it's a bit heavy with the crazy traffic (it's not Southwest Asia but it can be chaotic) and half te streets are in dire need of maintenance. Also being 8500 ft above sea level might have an effect on the engine. So like I said I'm having some issues I'll like to ask about and looking forward to share information with the community here :)

Hello, also a new member here and I'd like to say that's a nice build. Looking forward to reading your threads and hearing the story of the crash.

Back