Hello from dexnjan

dexnjan

Local time
4:11 AM
Hi to all, my real name is Dex. I am a retired senior citizen. I have owned either motorcycles/bicycles all my life. At age 12 I got a brand new Cushman motorscooter. There were lots of Whizzer motorbikes around, and also lots of Doodlebug scooters. My main interest is small Honda motorcycles. At one time I worked part-time in a Honda motorcycle shop.
Recently a friend bought a Bikeberry Hawk engine kit and a Huffy cruiser to assemble. He did a good job, but there was something wrong with the carb, so it ran too lean. I had a great time playing with it, and it now runs quite well.
Best Regards - Dex

Welcome to MBc, Dex. Now that you have introduced yourself, be sure to read all you can, including the 'Stickies' at the top of every Forum. They contain a lot of information. For example, ‘Sticky’ by Al.Fisherman has 20 or so links to “How To…” threads, and important pages for you to follow. ‘Sticky’ by Anton "Forum Rules and Infractions” is a must read about how you are expected to Conduct yourself. However, read all of them, and be sure to use the search feature. Almost every question you might have has already been asked and answered someplace here. If you are still stumped with a certain problem, post your question in the proper Forum and I am sure you will get an answer.

Glad to hear that you got the little beastie running smoothly. I don't know what bolts and nuts you used to mount the engine, but since the Chinese kits com with some 'down right garbage' in that department, I would go back thru your installation and replace all of the chinese 'junk' with god, U.S. grade 8's. It will only cost you a few bucks now, but it will save costly repairs down the road. Just go thru and replace them one at a time. Good Luck to you.

Back