Hello from East Tennessee

BigBadHodad

Local time
9:43 PM
Hi I’m Rob from East tn I built a huffy nel lusso into my Corvid cycles model 19 though I’m planning on making a second one soon for more of an off road use.
I made my own lighting system for the bike powered by a usb power bank with functional brake lights
9E6545C5-710E-4E28-927E-C851E6FCD6B5.jpeg

Though since that pic I’ve put traditional black tires on it as those white ones wear out really quickly at speed lol.

Welcome BBHD, Nice looking bike Gotta have lights(y)
Ya might want to put a exhaust pipe to frame bracket, Those mufflers are famous for wiggling conning loose and falling off.

Yeah the bracket that came with the set doesn’t fit I need to make one though I really want a pipe that curves around and exits out the back

So my modifications to it are,
The front lite is one of the retro 3 led models from amazon, but inside it I removed the leds and installed a ring shaped cob led from a atomic light cabinet/closet light so it puts out a better and more useful light it is driven off the board that comes with the light assembly and is currently powered by 3 aaa batteries inside the ligh. in the center of the ring is a 3 bit neopixel driven by an arduino pro mini inside the light powered by for the time being a 9 volt battery mounted behind the light that flashes almost orange in a simple pattern.
The tail light is one from eBay that is made to hold 2 aaa batteries and powers a small red led, I removed the insides and installed a small cob led strip from the light Barbour freight was giving away last month that is always on when powered and two small circular cob leds from the tap light dollar tree sells that come in when either brake lever is pulled, the brake levers are from amazon and are the ones for ebikes that cut power to the motor when braking repourposed to brake light use and i recently added a red 10mm led to the brake light to make it easier to see in daylight as the small cob strip doesn’t show as well during the day. All this is powered from a power bank mounted under the seat feeding the lights by usb the power bank is one of those square diy kits you add two 18650 batteries to I chose this one because when you plug it in it is on unlike the domestic ones that time out after a minute if the draw is too low.
The front fork is a springer model as it was the best choice for a fork with disc brake mounts
For a speedo I got one of the small rechargeable gps models from amazon, it was $24 but worth it as the engine interferes with the magnet powered ones I tried. Rear brakes are regular rim brakes.

Yeah the frames can, but I’ve only heard of a couple that did break, and from the pic I saw it was rose hard and put up wet.
3B474806-0B27-4E69-9717-2A985EE289C7.jpeg

so here is the rear view, the brake light is functional when the handles are squeezed there are two cob leds inside for that and another for running light as well as a 8mm led for daytime running. It is powered by the pink powebank under the seat ( I needed that model power bank because it does t sleep like the “good” ones do
D8DB591D-A197-4232-BE91-CC6B51604919.jpeg

front view, the headlight has a large ring cob led in it with a 3 bit ws2382 led ring in the middle the headlight is currently powered by the original driver board for the headlight and the 3xaaa battery holder inside it and the ws2382 is driven by a arduino pro mini running the “cylon eye” set to orangeish red and is powered by a 9v battery mounted behind it.
the speedometer is one of those gps models from amazon that looks like a stopwatch.
I still need to get mirrors, the AliExpress ones won’t stay In Position the camera, $20 on amazon and works really great well except for the sound the wind noise sounds like you’re in a hurricane.

Back