Hello from Fontana CA.

MarkM

Local time
2:08 AM
Hello, my name is Mark. I'm doing my very first build. Just bought a brand new Schwinn beach cruiser form Kmart and a 66cc EPA engine kit from Ebay. Looking forward to mingleing with other builders, I'm definately going to need help. I have mounted the rear sprocket and mounted the engine next is the chain. Quick question: Will my bicycle chain breaker work with the chain that drives these motors? Or what size breaker do I need?

Anyway, nice to be on this forum. Hello again, Mark M :cool:

... Quick question: Will my bicycle chain breaker work with the chain that drives these motors? Or what size breaker do I need?

this is something that my friend and I ran into when installing his engine. park tools has a chain break tool for bicycles that is bigger than the small, mostly portable ones that are good for you tool bag under the seat. it is used mostly for the bigger bmx bike chains and will work wonders on your chain for you motor. if you don't have one or cant get one you local bike shop should be able to help you if you know where you want to 'break' the chain.
hope that helps and welcome to the forums

Back