Hello from France

cardo

Local time
1:54 PM
Hi all,

I am pleased to be here to gather some information on motorized bicycles and learn from your experience.
Even if it is forbidden to use it in France I am thrilled to build one just for fun.

I never saw one, but I saw a post on a blog about dutchman motorbikes, that are great looking bikes.w
They are expensive and do not seem to be justified in terms of frame/fork, maybe the engine is expensive and of course the time spent to build one.

Thank you for your future help

Thank you all.

Yes there are forbidden, in fact the law says that you can only use electrically assisted bicycles, so the assistance should work only when you pedal and up to 25 km/h which corresponds to 15 - 16 miles/h.
If it is more than that, or if it is an engine it is considered as a motorcycle, so you will need to have it homologated, pay taxes, an insurance and use a real helmet.
The main problem is to get it homologated and here the rules are restrictives....

Aux E-U, on dirait "registered". Tu parles tres bien l'anglais!

France is a great place for bicycles, motorcycles and mopeds. It's too bad that a well constructed motorbike cannot be ridden on the roads there.

Back