Hello from Iraq.

S

Steamboat

What's up everybody? My name is John, I am 23 years old and currently serving overseas in Iraq. I own a 1958 Mecrury Monetery, and a 1969 Lincoln Mark III. I aquired this Dyno Della Cruz girls frame from a neighboring platoon that was throwing it out, so I restored/Kustomized it as you see here. I joined this site becaue I am interested in motorizing this bike. I know I am going to have to relocate the top tube, but that is not a problem. I need some advice from the more expereinced heads on here. I want to know what company it would be better to buy the kit from, and all the tips and tricks you guys have figured out over the years. Would you recommend getting one off eBay, or should I get it direct? I might even make a friend or two. :D

I will post pictures as soon as I am allowed too.

Hi John. I believe I'm allowed to recommend thatsdax...or dacscommm (sellername on eBay). Good prices, good service....don't know about the shipping to Iraq part though. You may have to wait until you're home.

Can't wait to see pics, but you have to wait a day and post once....well you did already post, so you should be able to put a photo up today.

Most if not all your questions can be answered in these forums just search or ask!

Welcome! 8) How much time you got on this current tour?
as far as recommending a brand, I have two kits from Kingsmotorbikes. had them an entire year, with only one minor problem :) I just looked on Kings website, it appears shipping is US only, but you can always have friends or family get it to you.

Come back safely 8)
p.s.- yer durned right! you'll make a friend or two-hundred!

Welcome to our group and thanks for doing what you do!

I bought my kit from Simpsonmotorbikes.com. I have had good luck with it so far and the guy is a hoot to talk to on the phone...make sure you set aside at least and hour of your day if you decide to call him, he's a real talker!

Dan

hey, steamboat :)

from a us navy veteran, thanks for serving! tell yer buds i sed so, too. and thanks to your family for its' sacrifices...i hope they have you (all!) back home real soon :D :D

welcome to the MBc 8)

Hello, welcome to the forum. You are continuing a long tradition of military use of bicycles. Good health and safety.

Welcome to MB! and to all my Vets past and present....
1271_sunpoem_1.jpg

OK- i spoke with a vendor today who appreciates you over there, and is willing to do some good things for you. I dont want to seem like i'm 'pimping' a particular vendor, so i'll leave details/contact info in your Private Message box.

welcome

Hello Steamboat,

God Bless you and all the men who are serving in this insane war.

You stumbled into a fantastic forum.

Good luck to you and all... :cool:

Back