Hello from KS...getting the E85 hotrod ready

corey872

Local time
6:17 PM
Just thought I'd check in and get my first post out of the way. So hello!

I've been kicking around the idea of building an electric bike out of an old mountain bike I had laying around. But then I started adding up the cost to build one with the power I'd want...just didn't seem worth it. Then I happened to come across the little HT engines. That is more like it! A few weeks lurking here and absorbing all info I could, a quick internet order and the engine is setting on the doorstep.

I've already converted my car to E85. A bump in compression to make use of the 105 octane, plus a little tuning and it gets 2-3mpg better than stock and E85 is 30-40 cents a gallon cheaper. So I thought why not convert the bike engine too.

So far, I've got the carb jetted for E85, ported and re-assembled, disassembled the engine, cleaned everything up, ported the jug, shaved .100 off the head and tried to give it something resembling the proper squish band, doing the typical fastener replacement, etc. Hoping to hit the road this weekend for some test rides, but will have to see how it goes.

I'll try to make a separate thread and post up some pics as time goes on.

Corey

Back