Hello from LennyHarp in Mesa Arizona

lennyharp

Local time
4:31 PM
I am in the market for a Whizzer or other quality motorized Bike. I used to work for Ross Patterson of Pat's Cyclery and he was a great one with a story. He told of riding to Mesa from Chicago on a Whizzer back in the 1940's. He still owned one in the 90's when I worked there.

I used to ride 5,000 to 10,000 miles a year. I used to build bike frames and trailers for bicycles. I hope to get back to making some interesting things for family and my use. I owned Lenny's Bikes and Things for a year and went way broke. I worked at least 15 years in a number of bike shops in the Phoenix area.

This forum looks like a good place to hang out and glean some ideas. I hurt my back 10 or more years ago and stopped riding. I miss riding and with gas so expensive decided to get back to cycling, but with a motor assist. Now I am looking to get more active and this is a good way for me I am sure. I will really need to learn the motorized part.

Hi Lenny. Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.

General request to all new members.
Please, before posting any questions, do a search. Then READ,READ,READ.
There is a ton of information here. Many of your engine and performance issues in the Garage & Tech/Mech Help have already been covered. Here at MBc we are the home of nearly all MoteredBike questions. If you search and are unable to find your answer, don't hesitate to post your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
Here's a great post link to get you started.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=111670&postcount=24

G'day & welcome to MBc.
It sounds like u have a wealth of knowledge to contribute & please feel free to ask questions in the appropriate section....it's a 2-way street man.

hi lenny-one thing i cant get in my head about this site. almost all know that you dont need tags for 49cc and less. if that is not enough umph buy a motorcycle or a corvette. as soon as the cops notice alot of guys are acting like billy the kid with big motors they will start making all of go through inspection and get tags and insurance. welcome

I am having fun looking around here and at all the links. I am probably going to get a Whizzer and then worry about making one from scratch. I am glad you mentioned the 49CC limit for no registration / government interference and required add ons. I want to do this safe and right and have lived to this day without a need to have a helper for my bicycle safety. I will probably keep the motor size right because of that.

Welcome Lenny

Glad you found us. Know alot of snow birds that winter in Messa. I live in Washinton state in the Seattle area and wish we had your weather right now. Hope everyone can answer your questions if the answers cant be found within the forum.

Back