hello from louisville, ky

rocketmar10

Local time
3:59 AM
hey guys, my name is adam, i'm 34 from louisville, ky. i'm getting ready to begin my first build & for now i'm just searching this site for ideas & possibly some cool folks to ride with...

There's a few guy's on here from KY... Do they still make baseball bats down there or did that go to China too???

Either way, pleasure to have you with us!

So, what kinda scooter ya got there?

yeah, the louisville slugger is still made here. I've got several bikes/parts i'm considering using. i got a west coast chopper bike for $30 that i really wanna use for the most part. the problem i see first is that it has only the stock coaster brake & , as far as i can tell, no way to mount a disc brake or any other kind that i'm familiar with. i've seen other guys have done it with this bike & i want to find some ideas on how they did it. it doesn't help that i have no machining/welding equipment or know-how.... anybody got ideas for brakes on this ride?

Use the search function for this forum or click on picture galleries!

Your a member now, so you can private message other members. Ask maybe if somebody can help you find a thread on it! Most are happy to help!

You might run into issues w/mounting the motor. I've seen other members get a special plate.

i thought motor mounting might be an issue too. i'm just gonna go ahead and get a grubee soon &, if the chopper is too much trouble for mounting, i have several other bikes that may be easier to mount on. i just love the look of that bike and thought it would be super cool to motorize. i'll wait til i'm actually attempting to install b4 i start bugging people for help. but thanks to you guys for the warm welcomes!

Back