Hello from Maine!

B

BusDriver

As my name implies sort-of, I own a bus sometimes a mid-60s VW bus. It's been an ongoing restoration project since last year. Anyone familiar with these cars would know they have small aircooled engines. I like to tinker with all sorts of air cooled engines.

I've been thinking for awhile now about adding a motor to my assit my bike for two big reasons. 1. Because the midcoast where I live being quite hilly, biking 40 miles to the local VW boneyard and biking another 40 miles back home with a bike trailer loaded with parts isn't very easy.
and reason # 2. My blood type is Regular Unleaded :p

G'day and welcome to MBC.
80 Ml round trip with hills and a loaded trailer...WOW,no-one can fault your enthusiasm.

There's two places I go. People who've been to Maine might know of the area's I go through. There is a junkyard, the one 40 miles away that is near Augusta. Then there's another junkyard, which I tend to go to more often out of convenience, near Belfast which is about about 16 miles away though it is still quite an arduous trek because of the hills.
So I'm thinking about buying one of the DAX 50cc kits and putting it on my 10 speed shown here http://picasaweb.google.com/funnyman2002/Bicycle/photo#5105799879191162914

DAX 50cc on a 10 speed......that's one alternative.If u start a thread in the appropriate section you'll get heaps of people happy to help.Very few ppl are shy here. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there,

Friend of mine restores the camper version of the VW's. Always looking for odd parts. I'll PM you if you are interested in maybe a little swapping.

Denny

Back