Hello from Mark - just bought a 70cc Kit

Marktur

Local time
1:14 PM
Hi All,
I just wanted to introduce myself. I found this forum this morning...purchased a kit yesterday. Ever wish you could time travel?

I hope I bought the right stuff. I posted elsewhere about it.

Anyway, glad to be here, hope I can contribute, and thanks to the guys running this site. I do feel a bit bumped and bruised with all the rules, but I certainly understand the reasons why. :)

I will try to post a build thread for my BoyGoFast 70cc kit...although after reading not too favorable comments about this guy's products, I'm feeling a bit stupid. I hope the reviewers ended up with the "exception" and not the normal distribution product. I guess I'll chime in on that once I get started.

Thanks,
Mark

Welcome Mark, glad you are here and hope you have many Happy Times and miles on your new Motoredbike. Practice grinning now. Read tons and tons so you can see all the mistakes some of us have made and the issuse we have encountered and posted about. You'll know what to do when the kit arrives. Study the photo gallery and see how we've put them together.
Have fun.

Hi Mark. Welcome to MBc!
Nothing foolish about it. Your boy go fast will take you many miles if you treat it good. Not a good engine to pound on and keep it wide open. It will serve you good for crusin around and learning about motored bikes. Everyone complains because there are many better engines out there, but they cost you 2-4 times more. Get your feet wet with this kit, be good to it, and it will last you. I have a boy go fast I bought in january and have 800 miles with zero problems. Ive had 8 bikes, 5 with this style engine. Enjoy!

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D}
Here's a great crash course post "link" to get you started.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

Last edited:
Great to have you here! That engine you have bought is commonly known as a chinese Happy Time or HT for short. It is by far the most popular engine on here and is incredibly fun!! As long as you treat it very carefully (dont be afraid to full throttle though, it helps break them in) it will bring you miles of fun! Have a read through and if there is anything your not sure on just ask! Everybodies here to help one another.
Fastboy

Hi guys - thanks for the warm welcome.

Graucho - that's the most promising info I've seen on this topic so far...

Scott - I know you cannot recommend or hammer on the vendors, so let me state things in a "generic" sort of way: If you were me, would you not open the package and just send it back? :)

I have read the Noob thread - good stuff, and I've already bookmarked a bunch of interesting info - especially in regards to lighting. There's a mandatory headlight law here in FL for a good reason, and I want to be as visible as possible. (Where I live in Boynton Beach, FL, there's a LOT of senior citizens on the road that should definitely not be behind the wheel - it's scary and my reason for not getting a motorcylcle in the first place.)

I'm a bit on overload now, but I'm sure I'll be searching quite a bit on the forums over the next few days.

My whole reasoning for doing this, well, besides the "fun" of it, is because I spent $85 filling up my Acura MDX last week, and it's starting to really **** me off. So I'm doing my part to send a message to the oil companies, as well as to be GREEN. (I'm a surfer, and it's always been important to me.). I drive about 5 miles to work and back, and I'm thinking that I'll be saving about 40 gals of fuel per month...that's about $160 hard-earned dollars! OUCH.

OK, thanks guys,
Mark

Hi Mark,
I'm pretty new here myself. Only about a month. But I've built two happy time bikes and I can tell you they are just fine. A lot of fun and you won't be sorry.

I'm new enough that I can't present myself as some kind of authority. But I wouldn't send the engine back. I'd build the bike and ride it. good luck.

Back