Hello from Melbourne, Australia!

Leo_328i

Local time
9:18 AM
Hey guys,

Been browsing the forums a bit and I am very excited about whats going on here. With petrol prices going through the roof I've recently ordered a bicycle kit from Zbox and will hopefully recieve it this Tuesday.

I am a huge petrol head but the running costs of both my cars car are getting a bit dear so I'm using them less. I've decided to give motorised bicycles a go as they seem like fun and would be cheap to run!

I love mechanical stuff and I tinker with my cars in the garrage; cant wait to start putting my first motorised biycle together!

The bicycle I'm going to be converting is my 2003 GT Avalanche 1.0 Disc (discs front and rear.... hope the rear one doesnt get in the way)

I'm from Melbourne, Australia. Anyone around from down under?

Cheers,

Leo.

G'day Leo,
Also from Melbourne and about half way through a Zbox build myself. Make sure you have a read here - many tips on how to avoid problems with your bike.

Cheers,

Glenn

Thanks guys, I very much look forward to being part of this community :)

Would it be realistic to be able to build a motorised bicycle kit in one day?

I've set aside tomorrow to do it, I hope I can do it in one day! The Zbox kit should arrive tomorrow...

The Zbox motors any good? 1.2kw from a 48cc and 1.7kw from a 63cc seem a bit ****y to be honest but the price was very good and people seemed happy so I bought it.

Howdy,

I'm out at Yarra Junction, 60k's out of Melbourne.

Good luck with the build.

You might want to pull the barrel off, pop the piston pin out and check if it has roller bearings in the little end ( which is one of Zbox's selling points:censored:)

Hillbilly.

Hi Leo, I'm from Byron Bay area. The big ZBox engine is 66cc. You won't be able to keep the rear disc and very few of those double disc bikes have the fittings for the linear pull brakes. The new Mongoose Tyax Comp has though which is good. They cost $499 and look like a great bike for its price. You also can't have rear suspension. PM (Private Mail) me if you want any help with your build. Welcome aboard and watch out for those tram tracks when you are hurtling around inner Melbourne. You could get your front wheel stuck in one and up back in the tram depot! Also you'll need to build an enclosed cab on the bike to keep yourself dry and warm down there!

hi and welcome; check out members list for fellow aussies and you might think to put in your city, it sure works nice

Back