Hello from Mesa, AZ

datz510

Local time
6:09 PM
Hello!

Just wanted to drop a note and say hi to all the great folks here. I am new to the MB scene. Having had a lot of experience in the 4x4 and rock-crawling world, I've done a lot of metal fabrication work for truck suspensions and other projects. I look forward to building my own motored bike, which I started on last night.

I purchased two MB kits. One locally here in AZ from Jim at LiveFast motors, and another from Kings Motor online. Once I get one bike built, I'd like to pick up a vintage cruiser or a Felt cruiser and build one of those as well.

Oooorrr.. mabye a 2 wheel drive twin engine'd monstrosity of a MB. Just a thought. ;)

Anyway, I'm here in Mesa, AZ. Any locals with good info about local MB related events or MB friendly bike shops, please hit me up.

welcome

hello and welcome to MBc! good luck on your 2 builds...do post your dueling builds in a new thread in the picture gallery we'd love to see them! glad spooky's googling got you here...enjoy the ride!:eek:

Hi datz. Welcome aboard. I live next door!

One bike shop I've found that's friendly is on the northeast corner of Val Vista and Southern in Mesa - don't know the name though. They do seem to have decent prices. There's another on the north side of main between Greenfield & Val Vista. Plus, a Felt dealer is located on Baseline, a half mile east of Gilbert road.

If you see me driving through on a red cruiser with a Stanton friction drive, throw up a hand! Though it'll be a week or two yet before I'm back riding, (knee surgery) I normally ride to/from work (Gilbert to the Falcon Field area) 3 days a week or so. But, I really don't like riding when the temperature gets over 110! By the time I get where I'm going, I feel like a chunk of beef jerky...

(There IS someone else riding a red cruiser with a friction drive around Mesa - I saw them a month or so ago on Higley in the Main/ Broadway area. I believe they've got a yellow motor (robbins/suburu?) though. Mine is a red & black Mistubishi TLE43.)

Last edited:
Hi datz. Welcome aboard. I live next door!

One bike shop I've found that's friendly is on the northeast corner of Val Vista and Southern in Mesa - don't know the name though. They do seem to have decent prices. There's another on the north side of main between Greenfield & Val Vista. Plus, a Felt dealer is located on Baseline, a half mile east of Gilbert road.

If you see me driving through on a red cruiser with a Stanton friction drive, throw up a hand! Though it'll be a week or two yet before I'm back riding, (knee surgery) I normally ride to/from work (Gilbert to the Falcon Field area) 3 days a week or so. But, I really don't like riding when the temperature gets over 110! By the time I get where I'm going, I feel like a chunk of beef jerky...

(There IS someone else riding a red cruiser with a friction drive around Mesa - I saw them a month or so ago on Higley in the Main/ Broadway area. I believe they've got a yellow motor (robbins/suburu?) though. Mine is a red & black Mistubishi TLE43.)

Right on! I live about 2 miles east of Falcon Field, so I'm right nearby.

Have you had any hassles from the local police on your MB? Thats the only thing I'm worried about with mine.

Here is my MB that I've been putting together. Notice the stealthy flat black engine. :) I should be taking it out on its first run this weekend.

http://www.piratepathy.com/misc/motoredbike_17.jpg

Back