Hello from Midcoast Maine

B

bkzoner

My name is Tania, and I am awaiting arrival of my new E-Zip Trailz Electric Bicycle later today! (Picture attached.)

It's been probably 40 years since I mounted a bicycle, and despite what they say about 'riding a bicycle', I am nervous about getting back on one. And, I've NEVER ridden a motorized bike, so this should be interesting!

It's nice to find this forum so that I might learn from others' experiences, and share my own.

Attachments

• My New Electric Bike.JPG
    My New Electric Bike.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 233
Last edited by a moderator:
I've had an image of the streets of the US being crowded with bicycles like other countries (China?)! Can you imagine?
way ahead of ya there, tania...i have imagined it :)

it's always good to see another e-rider get onboard...

welcome to the MBc 8)

Thank you, augi, and everyone else for the warm welcomes!

I did, indeed, get my bike today, and spent an hour or so putting it together, and now, I'm patting myself on the back for having done it by myself!

HOWEVER, I just got off the phone with Currie tech support because the left front brake has nothing attached to it! They will be calling me back...

It is charging now, and I hope to take it out for a spin tonight if I find out what's up with the brake (or, when I do muster the courage)!

I'll post updates as I learn to ride my new e-bike!

hey brakes are overrated! just GO GO GO!

Just keedin...welcome to MBC!!!

hey brakes are overrated! just GO GO GO!

Just keedin...welcome to MBC!!!

YIKES! HAHAHA!

Currie techs hasn't called back yet, but I figgered it out. I just compared the rear brakes to the front, and saw where the brake cable was supposed to go.

Does any one know why my bike won't freely roll in reverse? It isn't the brakes, and the front wheel does roll backward, but not the rear wheel. Is this a feature of electric bikes, and if so, why is that?

welcome to MBc....:)

Maybe, ask your e-bike question in "Electric Avenue" to get a response.

If we keep the tech stuff in the proper forums, it will help someone else , later on.

(I dig the electrics)

Last edited:
Back