Hello from Minnesota

Getting close to being where I want to be! I recently got a new engine (Zeda 80) to replace the last one (bikeberry - wish I would have known then what I know now...) and put a CNC head on with a NGK plug, the Zeda 88 pipe and a muffler from ebay (found the link here). New tubes/tires, repacked and greased all bearings. Holy hell this thing rips and its not even broken in yet. With a 44t sprocket I found myself accelerating up pretty good inclines, and I weigh 240 lbs! I have new handlebars coming and when they get here I will install new v brakes. Looking forward to finally completing this and logging some serious miles this summer.

As you may see in the picture, I had to bend the exhaust out so the expansion chamber portion would clear the cylinder head, so the mounting strap is pulled away from the clutch cover. I need to find a long M6 1.0 bolt to secure the exhaust and come up with a spacer to add rigidity, and then finally devise a strap to hold the muffler so all the weight is not hanging on the stinger of the exhaust.

View attachment 82196

Hello BrewerB!

I've got a zeda 88 expansion chamber on order and would like to know about your silencer, is it at all effective to quiet it?
Where did you buy it?

Thanks

Are you sure you need that tensioner with that frame style?

-St. Cloud

Hello BrewerB!

I've got a zeda 88 expansion chamber on order and would like to know about your silencer, is it at all effective to quiet it?
Where did you buy it?

I have only really ran the engine for a short amount of time with the muffler, so not a whole lot of data to share. It does take off the sharp BRAP BRAP BRAP sounds and quiets it a bit, but nothing too astounding. I found it on ebay, although the listing has ended now.

Are you sure you need that tensioner with that frame style?

-St. Cloud

I'm not exactly sure what you are saying here. The chain tensioner?

I have only really ran the engine for a short amount of time with the muffler, so not a whole lot of data to share. It does take off the sharp BRAP BRAP BRAP sounds and quiets it a bit, but nothing too astounding. I found it on ebay, although the listing has ended now.

I'm not exactly sure what you are saying here. The chain tensioner?

Yeah. The consensus here is if you don’t need one, don’t use it.

My bike was faster without that spike killer.

Yeah. The consensus here is if you don’t need one, don’t use it.

My bike was faster without that spike killer.

Depends on whether there's enough rear dropout slotting to move the wheel back and forth enough to take out the chain slack, and whether his lower run of chain will clear the left chainstay if run straight to the clutch shaft sprocket.

I don't find the idler causes that much trouble, as long as you align it with the chain run and put a set screw through the clamp into the chainstay itself so the idler clamp stays solid and doesn't twist into the wheel.

hello from Brooklyn Park

Make sure to change the mounting hardware like the threaded rods, you can get some at home depot and take out the old and put in the new because the Chinese are pretty trash, I had the bolt snap while riding on the bike. And put thread locker on it.

Back