Hello From New Orleans(broken motor mounts)

nolabikeguy

Local time
2:44 PM
Hello my name is Brian and I live in New Orleans Louisiana.
I currently have a Fuji Boulevard that I saved from a bike building shop or 40$.
Nothing really worked when I started building,now verythin works but the derailer and I have have it set to the 3rd gear in the back and just change the 3 gears in the front.I just purchased te 68.5 cc jet motor and istalled it on my bike and instead of drilling holes in the frame I cut thefront motor mounts off.It was working fine till I snapped the back right side bolt and the chain came off.I did have a block of wood wedged in between the front motor mount an the fame and had the chain and chain tensioner pretty tight.
The front pole was 2 inch or 2 1/2 inch diameter.So iam back at square one and I am going to call zoom bicycles tommorrow andsee if they can help,with a new motor rods because the other bent also.
If that doesn't work I will drill the bolts out with a slightly smaller drill bit,
and get a re threading bit and and redo each side a bit larger and not to deep.Then,I will put slightly larger very very strong bolts in since I am not using the front motor mount.I hope ths is good plan

Does the Fuji bike have diamond shaped tubes? Do you have any photos? There are lots of creative people on here, but I can't picture what you are doing.

See my profile pics (bike pics) for a common way to do a bolt-through-frame engine mount.

A few guys here have also mounted the front motor area to a metal plate and used u-bolts to hold the plate to the frame.

well the back motor mount rod on the right side(the side you pedal on)
broke on my first start of the engine and I made sure there was not binding or anything
and it broke off right flush with the engine and I tourqued the bolts to whatever the bok said I dont rememberI did everything to the T and within 8 blocks snap.
Now iam trying to drill the bit out and get the bolt out with a screw extracter.
Iam paying 10 dollars to use someones drill press in kenner AND HOPEFULLY I CAN GET IT OUT

the back right one did break,so I just drilled new hole and re thread it in the rear
but my tubing is 2 inch i think,so iam goig to order the motor mount from sickbikes
and the 8.8 grade alloy 4 bolt set.and hopefully it works then.
thanksfo all the help.
I wish I would hve lookd for this forum before cutting the frontmoo mount off.
would have saved money and all anticapaction from the nearly 25 pople that wanna see it run

Back