Hello from NYC the state that hates MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local time
1:18 AM
hi everyone i am from new york city that hates mbers. after trying for months to find loop holes through the system i could find only few stuff that might work. i'll discuss that in other sction. well its nice to meet you all. anyone who is from new york and rides an MB which is not an actual MOPED please im me and leave me comment.

Good to meet ya'! Frfom the little I know, and what I have heard NYC is one of the strictest in the nation, and there is little to get around it. Sorry to hear that, but keep working on it, as you never know what little loophole from years ago may still be on the books... Keep on building and riding!

if its a gasser? build a better quieter muffler
im going electric to avoid the entire mess alltogether

Mine is pretty Quiet... Friends tell me it sounds electric unless I hammer it.

I packed my muffler w/ steel wool and put cardboard inside my gearbox cover!

Its very annoying really, I always feel like Im going to get busted just riding to work.
We put alot of time money and effort into our rides and were treated like criminals.
BUT they(the state) will take your money to register a lame moped.
BBB

This is expensive, but Staton has a gasser kit that looks like an electric bike.

At staton's website, there is a kit ($500 with engine and gear) that mounts a 2 or 4 stroke engine at the left axle, and runs an e-bike chain around a cog on the hub. If you took the plastic cover off the motor and made one to hide the pull-start, you could probably disguise it with some "wires" and a "battery pack", or even a real battery pack to run the lights/brake light etc. http://www.staton-inc.com/store/images/products/preview/3612.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back