Hello from Oklahoma

T

Tinker1980

Hello all! Just found this forum, have been considering motoring a bicycle for a long time. I'd like to do a recumbent, I've got a Rans Tailwind and a Sun EZ-1sx. I'd like to motorize the Sun bike, I think with a windscreen I could get some great MPG's.

welcome to MBc tinker ! :D
1980 was a good year, my daughter was born that year...I went from being a 20yr old bad-*ss to being a father (best thing that ever happened to me) :LOL:

I've seen the thread for the recumbent you linked, that one is much nicer than mine. I've got a 16" front wheel and a 20" back wheel, did some math and for a engine with a 7500 RPM speed to spin a 20" wheel at 30 mph I would need about an 11:1 gear ratio. I'd really like to try to use a Briggs and Stratton 4 stroke or a Yanmar single cylinder Diesel... But I'll have to see what will fit!

Thanks all for your welcome :D

Maybe you could start a thread in Tech/Mech about recumbents, and next week after the software change, we can gather all the loose links in one spot, under your thread.

Comparisons and ratios can be listed by all the interested MB's.

btw: I deleted the double post, the forum is getting hiccuppy in the early a.m. again :eek:

Back