hello from "Old school 20"

Old school 20

Local time
4:00 PM
Hello
I'm a long time pedeler looking to increase my range and speed, plus with gas as high as it is i'll probably try to commute some too. Ive been riding on and off (mostly on) for 33 years. There were a only a couple summers when i didn't have a bike, and yes I'm a fair weather rider. I do not currently have a motor on any of my bikes. I have a GT I usually ride, an old old mongoose that I custom fit a three speed Internal hub on for offroading and a newer mongoose that I'm currently outfiting for skate park riding. I found this forum after seeing some cool You tube videos showing various motorized bikes and deciding I wanted to build one. Some times learning things "the hard way" can be over rated so i'd like to lurk n learn, but if i get too stuck or have some revelation too good to keep to my self i'll post it.

Thanks for what looks to be a great forum
Jason
Old School 20:D

Hi Jason. Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.

General request to all new members.
Please, before posting any questions, do a search. Then READ,READ,READ.
There is a ton of information here. Many of your engine and performance issues in the Garage & Tech/Mech Help have already been covered. Here at MBc we are the home of nearly all MoteredBike questions. If you search and are unable to find your answer, don't hesitate to post your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D}
Here's a great post link to get you started.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=111670&postcount=24

Hi Jason. I'm pretty new here. My first build is just over a week old and I started my second build yesterday. So I'm not an authority, but I can give this forum my recommendation. It's friendly and a terrific source of very valuable information. While waiting on my engines to arrive I read a lot of these posts and learned a lot that helped me to get familiar with what I would be working with before I ever got my hands on it.

and motor biking is fun. You'll enjoy it.

hello...

welcome to MBc! glad you are here the home of many answers you may seek...good luck and happy motoring!:eek:

Back