Hello from Phoenix, AZ

Beemer

Local time
1:02 PM
It's great to be a member! I decided to join today after utilizing this site so much while I have built my motorized bike. I have a SIKK cruiser outfitted with the 66cc HT like the one shown here. I'll take a picture of mine once I put it back together. The only difference, though is that mine has black wheels and I added a bike rack on the back. But I can see already that a few upgrades are in order. The first item I purchased was an aftermarket chain tensioner. The one day I had my bike out and running was great! On the second day the stock tensioner fell into the wheel. Fortunately it happened as I was trying to start it and it locked the wheel before tearing out all of the spokes. I got lucky. I decided that can't be happening so now I have one as pictured in the attachment. I hope it works out as I had a blast that day I rode the bike! Thanks again guys for all of your knowledge. It has greatly assisted my build efforts. I hope that one day I will be able to offer someone some help building their bike! -Brian
4243_large_c7183b5a-c264-4938-bc64-685f58766e2c_large.jpg
3889688_orig.jpg

Welcome to the site, as you know lots of good info and a little light humor, clean looking bike but as you are finding some of the kit have less than sturdy parts.

Thank for saying hello, machanic. I had the bike out yesterday and put a total of 30 miles on it. Damn, that was fun. Looking forward to the next ride.

It's great to be a member! I decided to join today after utilizing this site so much while I have built my motorized bike. I have a SIKK cruiser outfitted with the 66cc HT like the one shown here. I'll take a picture of mine once I put it back together. The only difference, though is that mine has black wheels and I added a bike rack on the back. But I can see already that a few upgrades are in order. The first item I purchased was an aftermarket chain tensioner. The one day I had my bike out and running was great! On the second day the stock tensioner fell into the wheel. Fortunately it happened as I was trying to start it and it locked the wheel before tearing out all of the spokes. I got lucky. I decided that can't be happening so now I have one as pictured in the attachment. I hope it works out as I had a blast that day I rode the bike! Thanks again guys for all of your knowledge. It has greatly assisted my build efforts. I hope that one day I will be able to offer someone some help building their bike! -BrianView attachment 80569 View attachment 80571

I have one like that. I have had it over 2 years. I use both a spring tensioner and the stock tensioner on mine.

In my experience with these stretch cruisers the chain is very long, and the spring tensioner alone has a hard time handling the added weight and whip of the chain. With the spring holding the slack the stock tensioner just acts as a intermediate bearing point putting less weight on the spring and acts as a guide while taking little of the load. If you find this to be the case with yours you might consider a arch tensioner along with the spring tensioner. Welcome to the forum.View media item 61139https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arch-Idler...873396&hash=item3d10f98c5c:g:hcYAAOSwll1Wy5Jm

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Nice bike! I like the idea of a pulley assist. It rode nicely yesterday but I did notice that there was a lot of bounce in the spring as the chain came around. I like to smooth that out some. My worry is that stock tensioner had already once fallen into the tire and I am worried that it will happen again. But as you mention using it as an assist it won’t be inclined to torque over. Thanks for the feat input!

Nice bike! I like the idea of a pulley assist. It rode nicely yesterday but I did notice that there was a lot of bounce in the spring as the chain came around. I like to smooth that out some. My worry is that stock tensioner had already once fallen into the tire and I am worried that it will happen again. But as you mention using it as an assist it won’t be inclined to torque over. Thanks for the feat input!
If you hit on the ebay link second line under the bike pic. The arch tensioner runs from seat stay to chain stay, and can never rotate into your wheel. This would be the best guaranteed option to eliminate the worry of this problem.
I have built easily 80 of these exact bikes with just the stock tensioner and have never had one rotate on one yet. The main problem with the tensioner that comes with the kit is that it is painted. If you take a grinder and remove the paint from the inside of the clamping area on the tensioner it will hold quite well. Still with the stock type their is no guarantees and that is why I recommend the arch type tensioner. It's well worth it for the piece of mind knowing it won't fail.

If you hit on the ebay link second line under the bike pic. The arch tensioner runs from seat stay to chain stay, and can never rotate into your wheel. This would be the best guaranteed option to eliminate the worry of this problem.
I have built easily 80 of these exact bikes with just the stock tensioner and have never had one rotate on one yet. The main problem with the tensioner that comes with the kit is that it is painted. If you take a grinder and remove the paint from the inside of the clamping area on the tensioner it will hold quite well. Still with the stock type their is no guarantees and that is why I recommend the arch type tensioner. It's well worth it for the piece of mind knowing it won't fail.
I put that stock tensioner on as you had suggested. I ground out the paint and tightened it real good and rode it 30 miles without any issues. Actually it works great! My only issue on this ride was the carb drain pklug fell out and I ran out of fuel! Lol. Anyway thanks again for the pointer.

I put that stock tensioner on as you had suggested. I ground out the paint and tightened it real good and rode it 30 miles without any issues. Actually it works great! My only issue on this ride was the carb drain pklug fell out and I ran out of fuel! Lol. Anyway thanks again for the pointer.
Cool. Glad it worked for you. It's always worked well for me, but it's a good idea to keep a eye on it. Grab it and give it a little pull back and forth once in a while to make sure it stays tight.

Cool. Glad it worked for you. It's always worked well for me, but it's a good idea to keep a eye on it. Grab it and give it a little pull back and forth once in a while to make sure it stays tight.
I have no problem with stock tensioners either and built over 100 MBs.
Granted I have a working shop, but to bend a tensioner to line up with with your chain is with a Vice and Crescent wrench as many chain stays you would mount it are not in line with the chain.

Just bend the long piece so the base still mounts well.

Back