hello from San Jose California

flying cycletruck

Local time
3:44 PM
Hi all,

Hailing from San Jose California.

I am building a whizzer kit powered cycletruck for hauling in the summer heat. it is loosely based around the schwin delivery bike, using some parts from an old schwin (see attached picture of something similar). I've got the frame mostly built, a little welding to do still. worksman drum brake wheels, 20 inch wheel in the front, 26 inch in the back to allow for the huge frame mounted front basket. whitewall tires. New whizzer engine. automatic clutch.

It is an art project that has been in the works for a while, bought the engine last summer but had to put it off for the past year because of more "important" projects. Hoping to get it running. It is too hot to be pedaling midday in the summer months, and I would like to add a little range to my errand running. I ride a pedal powered cargo bike to get around town mostly, the wife has the truck.

Any info on building a gas tank? I want to build a tank to fit in between the top frame tubes. I have the welding skills, but not sure where to find the fittings.

best wishes.

Attachments

• cycletruck_whizzer2-tb.JPG
    cycletruck_whizzer2-tb.JPG
    2.7 KB · Views: 161
Tanks and other things

Hi Flying, I actually have 2 Schwinn Cycle Trucks! Check out my bikes, I'm in Sacramento and am a Whizzer Dealer (maybe your closest?)

Mike

Back