Local time
1:41 AM
what have i got myself into????????
so i went and found a used gas bike.
i can tell you bits and pieces of it.
but im having some carb trouble.
i have the nt carb and i took it apart and reassembled it
now the throttle doesnt work at all.
im short on tools ive been playin around with it for a week or so and cant get it right
any one in the area have some time and experience with this kind of stuff ?

any help would be greatly appreciated maybe i can go get a couple beers? =]

also, im not super new to 2 stroke engines.
i built some race bikes in my garage back in the day when i was younger and into dirt bikes.

but this is a refresher and well im not fully understanding everything.
i took the cylinder and head off.
replaced the spark plug

polished the intake and exhaust port valves on the cylinder
also got a new cid. and a new throttle cable.
anyone with some time and around the area that can give me a hand?

Welcome to the forum. Seems your right where you need to be, theres lots of folks in SD on here. You might try the search feature or the category for repair. HF has all the tools you might need without paying snapon prices.

i order my parts through pistonbikes.com. not sure how great they are but they sure send out my orders with the quickness. im havin problems with the carb and throttle cable assembly ive taken everything apart on this bike except for the crankcase. just learning how the original owner put it together and well now i have built the bike better then he did. so i felt the need to order a new throttle cable seeing as my old one snapped today when i tried to pull the needle assembly out of the carb thats fantastic and my carb isnt working properly so i ordered a brand new one probably could fix the old one but i dont have the knowledge at the time so ill have an extra carb sittin around if anyone needs one? buy me a beer and you can take it off my hands.

i have taken the head off and cleaned that up of all the carbon build up, well lets just say ive done a lot for only having moderate amount of tools lying around. still loads more work and kinks that need to be tempered with as i only have a front brake. its a work in progress though and it beats traffic any day. only thing thats a bummer is cant play with the rain

you lack detail in your explanation
"screwed up" could mean anything
engines need 3 basic things to run:
gasoline
compression
spark

So, does the plug get wet by trying to start the engine?
Do you feel rolling resistance from the engine when you let the clutch lever out (while rolling of course)? that indicates engine compression.
holding the spark plug onto the head do you see spark when pushing the bike? (best to see in low light)

i order my parts through pistonbikes.com. not sure how great they are but they sure send out my orders with the quickness. im havin problems with the carb and throttle cable assembly ive taken everything apart on this bike except for the crankcase. just learning how the original owner put it together and well now i have built the bike better then he did. so i felt the need to order a new throttle cable seeing as my old one snapped today when i tried to pull the needle assembly out of the carb thats fantastic and my carb isnt working properly so i ordered a brand new one probably could fix the old one but i dont have the knowledge at the time so ill have an extra carb sittin around if anyone needs one? buy me a beer and you can take it off my hands.
Piston Bikes are great.
They come to the races and sponsor them.

There are a bunch of guys that ride down in San Diego who could help you out.

Back