Hello from the O.C.

rbtp

Local time
9:59 AM
I've been reading postings from this site now for a couple of weeks. What a tremendous collection of valuable information for those in our hobby! I'm impressed with its organization and strong values. Kudos to all involved.

My first attempt at a MB was over 10 years ago, it failed. I suspect it failed largely due to the lack of information flowing then. Things are so much easier now. This site is just what I needed to get my MB completed and running. Just put my first 10 miles on it over the last couple of days. Information on this site helped me fix a couple of problems.

I'll be leaning heavily on MotorizedBikes.com to make the refinements I have envisioned.

Thanks to all.

My MB

Right now my MB is a bit generic: Schwinn Cruiser with GruBee 80cc frame mount, chain drive. The cruiser was blacked out from the factory (black rims, black handle bars etc), so I might stick with the all-black theme. I'm not sure where I'm going with it style-wise, but safety has to come first.

On the list of improvements to be made now that it is running:
- front brakes (didn't think of the implication of the chain jumping until I read a post on this site - no brakes at 30mph; scary)
- clutch lever repositioning (another great tip from this site)
- throttle replacement - the kit's twist throttle is junk
- new muffler (nut came loose while riding and lost the bottom of the muffler)

Cosmetically, the first thing I'll attack is the gas tank. I don't like the kit's tank at all. I'd love to integrate the tank into the frame, but I need more practice welding to get the results I want. Still searching the site for ideas, might even be my first post outside this intro.

Oh, one more thing...need to find a cooler helmet!

Back