Hello from the real Nor-cal

greenjon

Local time
10:26 AM
Hello from the "real" Nor-Cal. I live in the isolated mountains of western Siskiyou County. It's all trees, creeks and clean air out here. I caretake a historic hotel and make beer and wine. I'm a former avid cyclist and I'm about to start my first motorized bike build.

Hello from Minnesota. These bikes are a lot of fun to mess around with, I bet you are going to enjoy it. Cheers from a fellow brewer!

Thanks @BrewerB
I made my first beer of 2018 today. I brew outside and it's been too cold to want to brew. I was determined to have something ready for St. Patty's Day though. I made an Irish Stout. I had hoped to have an Irish Red ready also but it's not gonna happen.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy these bikes a lot! I can't wait to get mine all put together and go on some long rides. I'm trying to convince some friends to motor up also.

You make beer and ze vino? You can be my friend any day, thanks. Just remember the best part about driving is drinking. I mean the best part of drinking is the driving. Wait a minute, I'm confused, let me get a drink and think about what I was trying to imply.

Oh yesh, the besh party of drinking is tha drinking, yesh. Wheresh my truck itsishint on tha sidewalk weer I left it..

Yup, I make beer. I have Mirabelle Plum trees and I make wine out of them also. I make wine out a neighbor's peaches too. I make nonalcoholic soda too from genuine dried roots and bark (Sassafras, Sarsaparilla, & Black Birch).

Homebrewing is by far the best hobby a person can take up, because it makes all the other hobbies even more fun.

MDA: Methylendioxyamphetamine

MDA is very closely related to MDMA (methylendimethoxyamphetamine), a powerful drug sold on the street as Ecstasy. MDA is very strong and produces an amphetamine rush and empathy, love, etc...like MDMA (a.k.a. ecstasy). MDA is Schedule I - extremely illegal. The root of the plant Sassafras albidum contains safrole, which converts naturally, in the liver, into MDA. Sassafras - old time root beer! It is no longer available as food or drink. The root of this plant is sold, as well as fresh root essential oil (which should be potent).

SASSAFRAS -- _Sassafras officinale albidum._ Family Laureaceae (Laurel family). Material: Aromatic root-bark of North American tree. Usage: Brewed as tea (1 oz./1 pt. water). Oil fraction extracted in alcohol or distilled. Safrole is not water-soluble. Starting dose 100-200 mg of extracted and dried oil. Active Constituents: Safrole (non-amine precursor of MDA [3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine]). Effects: Tea in large doses acts as stimulant and induces perspiration. Safrole (MDA) stimulant, hallucinogen; aphrodisiac in large doses, euphoriant in small doses. Contraindications: Safrole is toxic to liver (avoid repeated use). Increases incidence of tumors in laboratory animals. Excessive doses may cause vomiting, shock, aphasia, and death by central paralysis of respiration. Normal use as tea is safe. Supplier: Fresh root wild, eastern USA, collected in early spring or autumn. Dried root, MGH; young trees, RCS.

Back