Hello from the real Nor-cal

I've always enjoyed making the bubbles the natural way. Only enough fermentation to make it sparkling though so no headache. :)
I like dandelion, honeysuckle, rose, then blackcurrant and raspberry.

I suppose I should try making ginger beer.. :)
My father tried to get me to eat different varieties of dandelion and I hated all of them, but not tea, maybe I could give that a shot.

My father tried to get me to eat different varieties of dandelion and I hated all of them, but not tea, maybe I could give that a shot.
I add a carton of grape juice to any blossom based cordial, to give the yeast something to eat and make the bubbles, and also for the acidity. I think without any grape juice it would be insipid.
I didn't even know there were different varieties of dandelion. The tradition here is to pick them from lawns on St George's day. :)

I've always enjoyed making the bubbles the natural way. Only enough fermentation to make it sparkling though so no headache. :)
I like dandelion, honeysuckle, rose, then blackcurrant and raspberry.

I suppose I should try making ginger beer.. :)
Nice! Classic "small beer". Folks used to drink small beer all day every day. Even the kids. It was regarded as being less lethal than the water they were s**tting in.

It's gonna warm up soon, and I can get back to brewing every week or so! I can't brew when it's cold outside. I have way too much hops left from last year, so I'm going to make lots of IPA to try to use them up.

It's gonna warm up soon, and I can get back to brewing every week or so! I can't brew when it's cold outside. I have way too much hops left from last year, so I'm going to make lots of IPA to try to use them up.
I tried one with pine tree in it, it was awful. If you decide to put some spruce clippings (otherwise known as pre-gin, which also sucks) in your beer top it off with whatever hops you have left to hide the flavour.

Back