Hello from Washington

A

apratt

Hello my name is Arthur Pratt from Napavine, Wa.. Been looking to make my bike into a motorized bike for some time now. First was looking at e motors but they are only good for 20 miles, well I know that is only in ideal setup, well I am far from that. I weigh #240 and we have hills here! So been looking for a 4-stroke belt or chain driven motor. So far all I found is a 35cc Robin/Sugaru mini-4, ouch pricey!!! Are there any other 4-stroke motors that is belt/chain driven?? But for the price difference I just may go with a 2-stroke! Also can a person put a different muffler on the motors so to make it quieter? 70 decible is not what I call quiet!! Would like the noise level to be close to 40 decible. Well thanks for any info you guys can part with. :D

hello from california!

The 4-strokes are pretty expensive, and the 2-strokes are cheap. The kit that I got came with a muffler that made it pretty quiet. Not as loud as some of those other 2-strokes gopeds you see driving around. My 80cc 2-stroke is powerful enough for me (195# + hills). There has been some talk of the 2-strokes being made illegal for import in the USA, so my guess is that eventually the 2-stroke price will go up until they are gone.

Welcome to the forum!

awww

Two stroke gone awwww. My two stroke is pretty quiet too. I do not open it up wide when I am around people. Just kind of cruise.

welcome, apratt :)

i'm 200# and get to ride mostly level roads, love my 80cc...if you got a larger rear sprocket & were willing to give up some top-speed, you might love owning one, too 8)

but, it sounds as if you might should have a look at the GEBE line...our resident gebe-guru, bamabikeguy, can surely help you with any questions you might have.

no matter what you finally decide on, we wanna know all about it...with pics :D

Thanks for the Info guys. It looks like I am going to go with the 2-stroke route. I been seeing some on ebay for 89 dollars that is 6 motors for the price of the 4-strokes. I looked on the GEGE site didn't see any 80cc motors and the ones I did see didn't look like you could modified or change to a different mufflers, could be wrong. On the 2-strokes motors I am seeing on Ebay, any pointers that I should look out for?? thanks. Art

89 bucks for the motor, right? not the whole kit?

Hmmm... there isn't too much I can think of. I am sure some of the other members will have some good tips.

Welcome Art,
89 bucks is pretty cheap for a motor. what exactly are you lookin at? you're gonna need the whole kit to get set up and those are around 225. check out www.thatsdax.com and see what he has. a bunch of have gotten our kits from him and are pretty pleased. :D peace

yup, i agree...i'm in a warranty situation with dax right now, i'll report how it goes, but i expect the same great service he has a rep for providing.

$89 for an 80cc (kit?) would have me really dubious...care to share the specifics? we won't steer ya wrong, none of us are in this for the moolah 8)

Back