Hello, Hola, guten tag, bon jour and all dat kinda stuff

Jakew

Local time
9:50 PM
Great to find you all.

I have been playing with motored bikes for a few years now and never thought to look for a group.

I have 2 models of bikebug, 2 viper kits, 1 from livefast, a stanton trike kit

I did one of the chinese kits that you see all over ebay....NEVER AGAIN!

And sadly a dimension edge kit anyone have one of these?

We're glad you found us.

Dimension Edge, actually, is a name I recognize but haven't heard in a while. I'd forgotten it. And I can't remember any details.

Sounds like your experience with it wasn't so good?

Hi and thanks. yeah the Edge is a mess, a Rube Goldberg like contraption, I did not have my glasses on when I found it on ebay NEW that I could see!

It is a direct drive with a mess to lift it on and off the wheel.
New out of the box it is missing parts, had an engine that did not match the paperwork. I called the nut who sells these.
Lord that was no fun, defensive and combative.

Still have no idea if I'll try to mount it, fab the missing parts and then I fear the asymetric loading of the spindle riding on only the engine bearing will kill it quick.

In a day of centrifugal clutches i only ask WHY?

The bikebug do the same and burn a patch of tire each time down, but a bug is a converted outboard so no harm.

Anyone have any viper kit exp? bearing change, and bridgestone 2 cycle engines, they seem to be the only people who have them, not a peep of info on them not even the company has any info...!

Welcome to the forum. My experience is limited to a China Girl two stroke and an electric kit. I'm scheming to build a velomobile but I need a way to
hide it from my wife for a while. I remember the Dimension Edge kits because they used to advertise in Popular Mechanics mag. All rack mounts, as I recall.

Back