Hello I'm Steve New To Forum

DRO1113

Local time
10:22 PM
BEEN BUILDING THESE FOR AWHILE GOT ABOUT 12 BUILT AND SOLD.NO FAB.STUFF JUST BIKE AND KIT.I HAVE JUST STARTED A SERIOUS BUILD FOR ME.EX.CHAM.,SKYHAWK CARB AND K&N STYLE FILTER.TOP HAT ADAPTER AND HIS 46 TOOTH SUPER SPROCKETS.DAUL PULL BRAKE DISC FRONT bgf ENGINES.BOOST BOTTLE IN MAIL,1 GALLON TANK..I HAVE JUST BEEN BLOWING MONEY EVEN THOUGH I CANT AFFORD IT.WIFE HATES THESE I THINK IT MAKES ME LIKE THEM MORE....THERE MY GET AWAY FROM THE WIFE AND KIDS MOBILE.ANYONE WANT TO GO..LOL!!!NICE TO SEE OTHERS ARE LIKE ME.

Welcome

Hi Steve, Two day's and only one new guy say's welcome to you. Oh well, yer here now, thats what matters. It sounds like you already have a handle on these things but stick around anyway. I think you'll find there's always something to learn, and generally speaking, the people here are alway's willing to help. They just dont know how to say Hi!!!
I've been doing this a while also. I've got about 60 (mostly stock) builds behind me and more on the way. Right now I'm doing a personal build with a Cranbrook, High rise bars, Headlight, Tail light, Brake light, Turn signals and horn. I went with the Howard sprocket mount, it's the most heavy duty I could find. I have a Manic Mechanic sprocket mount sitting in my garage, It's not heavy duty at all.
And next time, PICTURES Bro. we all like to check out the rides.:cool:
Shiney Side Up,
Big Red.

thanks

I wasnt yelling,didnt know caps lock was on till you said something.THANK YOU big red!i built a few cranbrooks as they are pocket friendly wally world specials.i have some scary stories with those frames and rear wheels so i stopped building with them.i will post some pics once i figure out this new computer.i just finished painting my new bike,putting it together today (woo Hoo)....i know there's a bunch of threads on this question i have but its my thread right?whats your thoughts on the boost bottle.?do you personally think it works?any thoughts on skyhawk carb vs.cns?i bought the skyhawk carb not engine,i stick with BGF his engines come with thicker head bolts and the 415 chain,and his have the bent clutch arm and steel intake,at a cheaper price(no warr.) hope to here from more of my fellow MB's. !!!!!!ride that thing

Computers & Cranbrooks.

Yeah Steve, I'm not really a computer guy either. Didn't even own one till I was around 45. And a cell phone even later.
As far as the Cranbrook goes the 2010-2011 bikes came with Much better welds and 12 guage spokes. Those were the two major problems with it so I think it's gonna hold up a lot better now. BUT, even with the 12 guage spokes I'm running with a Howard sprocket hub mount. Driving the wheel from the spokes is just a silly idea and the mount I'm using seems to be the best I've seen anywhere a on the market to date. It looks like you have that problem solved with the Top Hat mount.
Just be carefull with BGF. Seems like Rick (BGF) will take care of problems with his small part shipments, but has a problem fixing problems with his full kits. Be carefull with Luckyearlybird also. We think it's run by Ricks wife so the same problems may arise.
Never used a boost bottle so I'll let others comment on that. I just try to K.I.S.S. I think the more stuff you put on, the more there is to go wrong. If you want more power from your bike check out the post's from Jaguar. He really did his homework on these engines and most of his fixes are not too hard to do. Carbs are another thing. A carb upgrade is almost always a good thing. The cheap Chinese carbs usually wont put out the proper fuel/air ratio needed without a lot of playing around with it. A carb (almost any carb) with independent fuel and air adjustments would be the best. You can play around with the chinese carb jetting all day long and sometimes still not get it right.
So, Good luck with the build. Sounds like yer doing everything right and asking the right questions to produce a great bike. And remember, ALWAYS, PIC'S, PIC'S and more PIC'S. We all like to check out other builds.
Shiney Side Up,
Big Red.

well my problem is the guy that makes the top hat,i ordered a super sprocket from him a week ago and havent heard a **** thing,email's not being answer so i am calling paypal to get my money.got my spooky tooth expansion chamber today..it is twice the size of bgf's chamber and clears the frame.cant wait to ride just need that sprocket,i have nothing to cut the center hole of the stock sprocket to fit over the brake hub.and of coarse when its almost done its going to snow

Top Hat.

well my problem is the guy that makes the top hat,i ordered a super sprocket from him a week ago and havent heard a **** thing,email's not being answer so i am calling paypal to get my money.got my spooky tooth expansion chamber today..it is twice the size of bgf's chamber and clears the frame.cant wait to ride just need that sprocket,i have nothing to cut the center hole of the stock sprocket to fit over the brake hub.and of coarse when its almost done its going to snow

You might try a little more patience with top hat. I've never dealt with them, but with almost every other vender out there. Some are just slower than others. I know how hard waiting for a part is, I'm doing it right now, coming from China. A LOT of venders don't answer e-mails quickly. Keep checking the shipper they use to see if it's been shipped. I would give it no more than 2 weeks to ship, THEN go with the Paypal thing. These guy's sometimes work their bike sites on a part time basis and it's more of a hobby to them than a business. But don't wait TOO long. Ya still gotta look out for #1, (yourself.)
As a last resort, take your old sprocket to a machine shop and let them enlarge the hole. Or just "chop" it out yourself. It don't have to be perfect for the mount holes to still line up. You can always clean up the chop job with a small grinding wheel on a drill. I've even used my drill press to drill holes all the way around to make bigger holes. Just gotta smooth it up after.
Anyway, Good luck whatever way you decide to go.
Shiney Side Up,
Big Red.

need a little help

i have been searching and keep finding nothing so i brought the question here.i have the spookytooth chamber and i cant pedal past it.i thought i could grind the arm down but it needs to much.sbp has bottom brackets that are longer but will it move the original crank sprocket as it is made for shift kit and i am not paying 200 to shift a 150 engine.!any ideas would be helpful..thanks MBers

Back