Hello is this the place for intro's?

Hey all, please let this serve as my introduction. I've faithfully used this forum for over a year now without joining and will tell you that the decisions I made regarding this hobby ie, repairs, trouble shooting, decisions were a direct result of the knowledge I gained from reading this forum. I had small, worrisome issues with my china 80 that were resolved by applying what I learned in here... a wealth of information. I'm 53 and have ridden motorcycles most of my life but as a kid I always wanted a motored bicycle. Now I have one, a GEBE Tanaka 40 rack mount on a Firmstrong 26" Rebel.At 6'1" and 198 I have room to zoom. Looking forward to meeting you all.

why, you...you...you lurker!! ;)

hi, jim...i made you an intro thread. it feels good knowing the board helps even when we don't know we're doing it :)

welcome to MBc 8)

(but you already knew that, dincha :p )

Welcome Jim H:D

I also was visiting this site way longer than I should have before I joined (two weeks!!!!).

I actually thought that the site would take my e-mail and distribute it for profit as so many do but they didn't:cool:

Thinking about it I wonder if that stops anyone else??? Maybe we need to make that point more obvious???

Did you just not get around to it or was there a reason. Just curious as to why others like myself don't subscribe sooner.:):D

Thanks for the welcome guys... yeah, you got me Augi, lurker that I am, and Good thing, it's probably something to do with obsessive-compulsive something or other with a strong dose of procrastination... thanks for the thread Augi.

Maybe we need to make that point more obvious???
this is straight from the RULES and POLICIES, section one:
Member Registration:

- You must be a registered member to post on MotoredBikes.com's forum, as well as to view selected content.

- To register, you'll need a valid email address. Beyond your email address, we don't require any personal info
you don't want to share.

- We do ab-so-lute-ly nothing with your email address except help you optimize your use of this messageboard.

- After you register, you'll be given many options concerning your privacy on your "Profile" page.
it's been there all along, in bold...i think it's clear enough? not being a smartypants, but people are supposed to be looking there before joining, eh?

ok, back to you, jim...

this is straight from the RULES and POLICIES, section one:
it's been there all along, in bold...i think it's clear enough? not being a smartypants, but people are supposed to be looking there before joining, eh?

ok, back to you, jim...

Sorry to get off topic again jim.

Augidog, I do remember reading this in the rules but didn't bother reading the rules till I had joined and was about to post my first reply and wanted to be within them.

This is the first forum that I have subscribed too so although have been working with computers for many years it was all new to me. I know many people that have been stung by bogus operators even though they appear legit. I have a yahoo email that I use if I am not sure about the operators but now have changed my email to may regular one as I trust augidog and the admin crew here completely.

Back to topic.... Jim looks like you have a good bad weather riding system in place:D:D

Back