Hello! Modifying mount for a cheap cruiser bike! Should i?

When putting the new BB in be sure to grease the threads. It makes it easier to put in or take out in the future if you need to. I do this with rear freewheels also.
using a coaster hub. i ran into a little roadblock though. I need to get the coaster brake off and i don't have any of those flat wrenches. Any ideas?

using a coaster hub. i ran into a little roadblock though. I need to get the coaster brake off and i don't have any of those flat wrenches. Any ideas?
Yep...Do what I did when I still had regular spoked wheels with the coaster brake setup...I went to my local bike shop and bought one of those flat wrenchs...I don't remember what it cost, but it was cheap...lol.

Your can the bend the coaster brake arm & get the sprocket around the arm. Then you can bend the coaster brake arm back. I've done it this way numerous times.

Yep...Do what I did when I still had regular spoked wheels with the coaster brake setup...I went to my local bike shop and bought one of those flat wrenchs...I don't remember what it cost, but it was cheap...lol.
22mm and 17mm cone wrenches. I had to buy them online since there is no local shop for 2 hours. It's why i got into bikes in the first place lol. No one to service the busted ones i kept gettin, so i started to fix em myself and for my friends too. Now the bike is looking mostly put together. I cut the petscock a little since it was 1.2mm too far into my frame tube. still works and i can get it on/off easily. Now to wait...

Your can the bend the coaster brake arm & get the sprocket around the arm. Then you can bend the coaster brake arm back. I've done it this way numerous times.
i don't have a cheater bar. i have one of those super strong old Shimano nexus 3 hubs too, so i would risk damaging more than the coaster arm if i tried, i fear.

Back