Hello Needing Help

you don't need to - with motor stopped, you can look into carb and see if slide is going all the way up

ok so so carb opens all the way but my bike only doing 25 on flat road but its top speed is 30 what can i do to get maximum speed

Well you have only just got it running so how do you know it's top speed is 30? So far it's top speed is 25. It was used when you got it so it's hard to tell how used. It might be on it's way out for all we know. Have you done a compression check? What size sprocket does it have. Is the head properly torqued? Is the plug clean? Does it start running like crap, but then start running right again when you go up hill? How high is the elev. where live? Has anyone ever re-jetted the carb.? How much oil are you using? What size tires does it have? Are you sure the speedo is properly set? In other words their is a lot more info. needed than knowing if the carb. is opening or not to know what is needed to get it going faster.

ok i could be wrong but i look its up and its suppose to be 30 top speed btw would you recommend a billet manifold idk what size sprocket it is but its stock havnt done compression check i dont have tool for it but i used the rule of thumb to check compression and its good idk how to torgue head plug is clean and new it runs without problems now and hasnt craped out on me and i went up a street brigde that gos over rail road tracks so pretty high in wichita ks i dont know if it was rejected how can i tell i used 3.2 per gallon of oil i have 29inch on back and 25 on front i be leave and yes speedo set right i even double checked to make sure not came lose

Last edited:
Billet is nice, you can sometimes cut them open more and not lose too much integrity. The 3.2 ounces is a bit low per gallon, 4 is usually best unless you have some really good oil.

Is your filter clogged with oil? Probably not since so new. So if you aren't getting a good top speed then maybe you need a smaller jet. Does it start to cut out at the top speed and sound kind of choked up?

Pull the spark plug out if it's been in a while and just look at it a bit, white, brown or dark ceramic? Do you see black oil around the head at all on the outside?

Compression testers are available for free to rent at autozones and such. You pay them, use the tool, bring it back and get all your money back. You could do it all in 5 minutes right at the store's doorstep. Maybe even the people behind the counter will walk out with you if you mention it's a motorized bike and that it's just outside the door instead if going through the entire register process, some people really think they are cool and would rather save companies' time by shortening how much time gets spent doing the same thing logistically and satisfying their own curiosity at the same time. I'd give it a shot and at least you'll get an idea of what could be going on related to the power issue, also faster and cheaper than trying to upgrade your speed with an intake manifold.

Last edited:
no filter still cleaned from a week ago after i cleaned it and right now im using craftsman's 2 cycle engine oil should i up it to 4 ounces?
no cutting out that i can hear and it used to choke but after cleaning the head it hasn't choked once and i checked spark plug Saturday and it was still clean i bought the spark plug about a week ago its light brown on it but i cleaned it so its like white and there was a lot of black oil and gunk on the head when i cleaned it and how much to rent the compression tester do you know?

No I don't, think they have a web page on it that tell you everything. Google autozone tool rental. Oil is indicative of a leak, check the snugness of the exhaust bolts, make sure the spark plug is tightened with a torque wrench properly (auto zone loans) and also bring a 13mm/half inch socket that you can tighten the head bolts correctly.

You cleaned the head? As in you cleaned the outside or opened it and cleaned it? If you opened it and then put it together with the same silver head gasket then it will probably leak and that that's where you lost power. Good idea to get a copper head gasket that can be used over and over. Bicycle_motor_works on eBay has them and it's a better investment to these motors in the long run over another cnc intake that will do basically the same thing as a stock if everything is in good shape.

i just took the top cover off the one with the 4 botls on top are those the torque bolts the 4 that keep the cover on over the head gasket? oh and the exhaust bolts are tight as can be and i havnt head in oil leaks over the head since i cleaned it and what oz of oil do i use for craftsman oil 3.2 or 4

Back