Hello, new here and looking for any and all help.

Hickory n steel

Local time
1:15 AM
Hello, my name is David and I know absolutely nothing about motorized bicycles but will definitely need to.
This forum ( using the same format as blade forums ) will be very familiar to me, so that's great.

My brother recently moved out of state leaving me two at my mom's house where I'll be picking them up from tomorrow.
One he bought from his old shop teacher that just needs it's rear axle replaced ( should be no problem )
And a second he was going to build before being offered a complete one.

So he says everything is all there for it, but I'm not even sure if he bought the thing new is I can never be certain with him.
I'll need your guys help to figure out if everything is truely all there, and of course the make if that's important to figure out if everything is all there.
I would love to build it myself, but think my uncle and teenage cousin would have more fun building it together than I would so I'm going to offer it to them if everything is all there.
I'll do my best get as many pictures takes and posted tomorrow as I can, granted a certain post count isn't required before posting pictures.

Lastly course, knowing absolutely nothing about motorized bicycles I'll need to know the basics as well. I'm sure there's a thread about that somewhere for me to read, so I'll definitely do that so I don't have to ask so many stuped questions such a thread would probably answer.

Now sure how far into this would I'll dive, but I've wanted a motorized bicycle for a long time so that'll pdprobab keep me for a while.

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

read before wrenching, don't get in a hurry, don't get lazy

these are crappy chinese kits, but handled right you'll get years of use out of them

read before wrenching, don't get in a hurry, don't get lazy

these are crappy chinese kits, but handled right you'll get years of use out of them

I'll make sure to read / learn first, my oldest brother bought one and had it mounted by a friend a cuopel years ago and had problems with in no time at all so I know it's not exactly like Legos.

it is a labor of love. for me, the chain tensioner was the biggest issue with these bikes. need to make it secure

it is a labor of love. for me, the chain tensioner was the biggest issue with these bikes. need to make it secure

I hope wrenching on these will be a labor of love for me as well.

Btw , any idea what speed these CHINA 80cc 2-strokes are supposed to get ? I'm assuming about 20mph.

The one that needs building is a basic single speed beech cruiser and everything would be stock.

I hope wrenching on these will be a labor of love for me as well.

Btw , any idea what speed these CHINA 80cc 2-strokes are supposed to get ? I'm assuming about 20mph.

The one that needs building is a basic single speed beech cruiser and everything would be stock.

The 80cc is a marketing ploy; the motors are 66cc. The top speed depends on rider weight but on a flat road they should go about 30 mph at max and cruise comfortable at 25 mph. I would not worry about top speed; just get them to turn over, idle well first, and chain alignment correct. Also, have you replaced a rear axle before? I don't think it is easy especially for someone new to it...

The 80cc is a marketing ploy; the motors are 66cc. The top speed depends on rider weight but on a flat road they should go about 30 mph at max and cruise comfortable at 25 mph. I would not worry about top speed; just get them to turn over, idle well first, and chain alignment correct. Also, have you replaced a rear axle before? I don't think it is easy especially for someone new to it...

Thanks for the info.

Yes I have replaced an axle before but it's been a while, I made it happen then and hope I can again.

Now knowing my brother the rear axle my not be the actual problem, I'll give him the BOTD unless he was right or someone who knows told him but the problem could easily just be something out of alignment.

Back