hello.......new member

I used to lay on the roof of the garage on warm summer nights and listen to the cars running at Lions back in the early '60s. I was 13~14yo and lived right where the 405 & 605 intersect. My second job was at Reath Automotive (stroker cranks).

cruzr, we want more pics...please. :cool:

Ol' Pete said:
I used to lay on the roof of the garage on warm summer nights and listen to the cars running at Lions back in the early '60s. I was 13~14yo and lived right where the 405 & 605 intersect. My second job was at Reath Automotive (stroker cranks).

cruzr, we want more pics...please. :cool:
1652_90F93A5AA95BD2BADD65601F2D3D04C2_1.jpg

1652_884AB5E8ABCBD63D9AA876120F489BA3_1.jpg

besides just getting into the "bike " scene, i have Hot Rodded all my life. I currently own this 24 all metal Track Roadster,which is full race Flathead powered. Sorta like they used to run at the local Dirt tracks around So Cal in the late 40's

AZ its the long straight lines that will drive you crazy.There a $@#%& to get down.They even have a book on body placement,and how to move so your pinstripe is straight.
HB,Lions, man all my HSchool friends,and I all bought our first cars straight from Irwindale Raceway.One of them bought this pretty pink chick car,But that was one bad#*% MOPAR.What I would give to have my 65 Chevy ss back.Don't stop with just one arm here have a leg too :D :D

Yellow Rod, wire wheels and built flathead...WOW! That IS a Hot Rod!

I used to work with Mike Urebie(sp), he is/was one of the original Bean Bandits of San Diego, founded in 1948 iirc. They still run a bright yellow, flathead powered, lake car. You are probably aware of them but others can Google for their homepage.

Ol' Pete said:
Yellow Rod, wire wheels and built flathead...WOW! That IS a Hot Rod!

I used to work with Mike Urebie(sp), he is/was one of the original Bean Bandits of San Diego, founded in 1948 iirc. They still run a bright yellow, flathead powered, lake car. You are probably aware of them but others can Google for their homepage.

when i was a kid i pitted for a crew at Santa Ana Drags, that ran against the Bean Bandits.

dad drove an original rail & a few street sleepers at alton international (IL) "in the day" :)

during my teens, i stripped hundreds of cars for his demo-derby and figure-eight career at riverside park, agawam ma.

we used to put like 5 sets of cut-off front forks & a big wheel on junky bicycles and run bicycle figure-8 races in the lot next door...those bad babys would run right over anything that got in the way :devilish:

where i live now is home of "the beach barons" who host the annual "rod run to the end of the world" since the 60's. i can't wait to see my first one this summer, and i can't wait for them to get a gander at the bike, too 8)

i chuckle every time i get on the board...buncha grown men playing with bicycles & having more fun than ever, go figure :LOL:

cruzr: both bike and rod are kick-butt!!

augidog...

thanks for the compliment. plans are to fab a gas tank that will fit in the frame like the insert i had to take out that held the horn ect. i work part time at a HoT Rod shop in OC{So Cal} and we have a metal fabricator there that can do the job. he owns several Whizzers, one that is board track style, claims it tops out at around 70 mph. it has the overhead valve and hot cam ect.

Back