Hello people

liscos439

Local time
5:24 PM
Hello,
I live in Exmoor and can't drive so I have to cycle everywhere. My bike's gears are useless for uphill and it weighs a ton and Exmoor is nothing but hills.
So I've bought a Chinese 50cc two stroke engine kit from eBay. Er.. this one to be precise: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=290296597849

It's still in the throes of the postal system at the moment. The shipping tracking says that after 5 days it's got as far as UK Customs & Excise in Conventry(?) so I should get it in a couple of weeks. Along with a massive customs charge.

Now comes the part where you all tell me I've bought a lemon ;-)
Adam

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Hello, Adam, and welcome.

Nope. We're not gonna say you bought a lemon. though I suppose lemons exist. The two stroke, chain drive set-ups do have a certain cheesiness to them. But they're mostly allright. Be prepared to tinker with it to keep it running.

But you'll have fun. See you around.

Hi AdamWelcome to MBc!
It sounds like a MB will suit you perfectly.

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question.
Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
You may have seen this, but here's a great MBc starter "link" to get you motoring.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

Some lemons are more astringent than others.Buyer beware is apropos though.Your member compatriot BSA seems to had pretty good luck with HT's,he lives someplace in Essex,not too hilly as far as I remember,but I was driving around&concentrating on navigating the roundabouts.Someone has posted a rather dispiriting&exhausting laundry list of preemptive measures to get one in safer shape on this forum I have wandered around Exmoor,it's pretty hilly on a bike,which may cramp your style if you have only one gear,either you don't have enough push to get up the hills,or the engine is screaming on the flats.Good luck with the customs,you'll probably have plenty of time to peruse relevant posts,you can allways try to tame a pony.

Back