Hello ppl :)

J

jaker

hello :eek:

im in the process of building my bike as i post :)

im using a gsr40 goped to make a friction drive bike im cutting the rear of the goped off and making the gopeds tire turn the rear tire...

If i am not confused this should make my bike go the same speed as the goped it will be a little slow maybe 30mph tops, but i dont have to pedal and its legal YAY!

this is going onto a 26" tire trek superlight aluminum mountain bike frame so it is all going to be bolted on not welded

Welcome to the forum!!

Yes, in theory, if you just put the gopeds tire onto the bike tire, the bike should go exactly the same speed as the goped would. It probably won't go quite as fast since there will be more friction as theres more wheels and more weight probably.

also, make sure you have the goped engine oriented the correct direction. I could see myself installing it wrong and having the bike only go backwards!

Cant wait for pics!

Thanks for the warm welcome .. : )
I am hopeing to get to the shop today and start fabbing the mounts for the setup hopefully after that it should be pretty straightforward i have it drawn out, chosen the materials already and bolt locations so this should go quickly i hope.

as it is so cold out and the forecast says bad weather for a while,even if i do get it all done today the roads are all icy dang weather 8 ( long test ride just wont be possible for a few days

sounds like the weather here....started with freezing rain, now the roads are white with sleet. supposed to keep doing this for another day...or so.
no riding here either :censored:

good luck on your fabricating!

srdavo said:
sounds like the weather here....started with freezing rain, now the roads are white with sleet. supposed to keep doing this for another day...or so.
no riding here either :censored:

good luck on your fabricating!

heh im not too far east of ya : P here in lawrence that might explain the similar weather conditions its freaaaakkking colllllddd tooo ; /

Back