Hello to all

kgray

Local time
4:42 PM
I am from Missouri and have been wanting to make a 2 stroke motored bike for many years. I was looking for transmission ideas when I stumbled on this website, and boy am I happy that i did.

I was thinking about doing the operation to a road bike i have, but now, I am considering using a mountain bike for stability at higher speeds.

I think i am just going to go with a HT 80cc (70) and go from there. It seems like that is a suitable platform for me as I have experience with rebuilding/repairing small engines.

I noticed that most of the bikes seem to be a single speed "cruiser" type bike, but I have seen some multi-speed bikes that have been converted. Would shifting gears while running on the engine decrease clutch life? The bike would be used primarily for <10 mile round trip routes.

I am looking forward to completing the project and welcome any suggestions!

welcome to MBc! kgray...glad you stumbled in...do start a new thread in picture gallery of your build...good luck and happy motoring!

Welcome to MBc. Too many variables. What kind of clutch, what kind of drivetrain, what kind of gears? Often, the clutch would prove to be one of the strongest components.

So i bought a 70 kit from Dax and installed it today... LOVE IT! I cant stop smiling when i ride it even though i am breaking it in right now. I used some synth. 2 cycle to get the right ratio along with the dino, so i hope that is no big deal. Shouldn't be.

Thank you all for the advice and great links. The FAQ helped a ton with installation!

Back