hello world! :)

Heathen

Local time
7:51 PM
Hello!
new member from sweden that rides on motoredbike with a chinese 70cc 2-stroker. it's the only vehicle i use and i ride it whole year around.
I have been riding it for 2 years now and it just work great.

found this site about 6 month ago but havent registered intill now, hope i can contribute to the forums and it's users with tips and ideas.

//Heathen

Attachments

• whole_bike.jpg
    whole_bike.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 278
yes it is a motorcycle headligtht from 40-50's motorcycle.

powering front and the rear light via the engine(white cable) thru a 6 volt regulator. front bulb 6v 2.4W(halogen), rear bulb 6v 0.6W.

works pretty good, even during the darkest winter nights.

Attachments

• headlight.jpg
    headlight.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 183
Welcome to MBC. Bet that is a pretty cold ride in the winter!! Thanks for the pics. Peace.

yes it is a motorcycle headligtht from 40-50's motorcycle.

powering front and the rear light via the engine(white cable) thru a 6 volt regulator. front bulb 6v 2.4W(halogen), rear bulb 6v 0.6W.

works pretty good, even during the darkest winter nights.
Nice... Please show us pictures of the light at night time. I'm wondering how wide & far the beam travels.

I dont have a camera that is good enough for taking pictures in the dark, i only have a mobile phone. but the head light is good enough to ride it at 25-30 miles an hour att night. the light beam travels out about 25-30 meters ( 80-100 feet) a head, width wize about a singel lane of the road. close infront the bike 2-3 meters(9 feet) it casts the light about 4-5 meters (15 feet) wide. the reflector in the old headlight is very good at focus and dispers the light from that little halogen bulb. with a normal lightbulb of same wattage the the beam is almost cut in half both length and width wize.

You know, you might have an answer that a lot of people have been looking for.

If that light works that well, then you probably have the best light/cost ratio of anyone here.

Back