Hello y'all

Burke

Local time
12:23 PM
Hi there, I just registered for the forums and I'm just posting a courtesy hello. I'm very VERY glad to have discovered these forums. : )

My name is Burke. I don't yet have a bicycle motor but am in the process of deciding which one to buy....which is what I'll be graciously asking y'all for help with. Thanks to extensive reading of this forum, I have narrowed it down to two choices.

I'm a musician, and last year I went on a national tour, playing shows in places everywhere from Los Angeles to Atlanta to New York City to Seattle, using a combination of (non-motorized) bicycle and train (I did about 5,000 miles by train and about 5,000 miles by bicycle).

I'm telling you that stuff not to brag, just to give you a little background. : )

Anyway, this year I'm going to go on tour again, but this time I'm going to use a motorized bicycle, so that I can get places quicker and play more shows and not have to use the train.

But, like I said, I'm still trying to pick out which motor to get, and I'll post that question on the "Commuting and Traveling By Motorized Bike" forum.

Thanks for an awesome forum, y'all....it's a pleasure to be here!

Welcome Burke. Sounds like a lot of fun. If the technology was just a bit more developed, I'd recommend a push trailer to carry your stuff and push you merrily along. Some of the members have pushed the tech a long way recently.

Welcome aboard. Are you serious about the "y'all" or you's just pull'n an ol southern boys lag?

Thanks for the welcomes, everybody! And, Kerf, I certainly was serious about the "y'all"....I wouldn't joke about something like that.... : )

Though I'm not exactly from the south (well, I'm from a little bit of all over, actually, including the south, the southwest, and the west coast....), I've spent enough time there to have that word permanently a part of my vocabulary....

Back