Hello.

sjackson

Local time
9:14 AM
Just stumbled across this one day when I saw a guy post a 2-stroke converted Schwinn on craigslist. A quick search for "motorized bike" on Google found this amazing forum. I've been looking for some alternate transportation for a couple of months now and have already ruled out scooters (too tall, I'm 6'5) and motorcycles (gas savings not spectacular). This seems like a great answer, plus if it stops running I can always pedal it home.

What I'm looking to build would be a 50cc 4-stroke bike. I'd like it to look as vintage board track as possible, but don't really want to go building a frame or anything. I was looking at the Felt 1903 as a donor bike, but saw someone in another post say that there might not be enough room for a 4-stroke in there. So, jury's still out on the frame I'm using I guess.

I'm from Chicago, and haven't seen a single one of these bikes on the road. I'm not assuming I'd be the first, but I'd sure love to get out there and ride.

Hi sjackson. Welcome to MBc!
Good luck with your build...

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
You may have seen this, but here's a great MBc starter "link" to get you motoring.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10392

Back