Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rcfighterpilot, May 2, 2009.

  1. rcfighterpilot

    rcfighterpilot New Member

    hi, im aaron, im 15 years old from santa rosa california. im looking for some help from you experienced guys, i took the robin eho35 off my gas scooter and ive decided that i would like to buy a friction drive kit to mount it on my bike.

    thanks everybody!

  2. HybriDude

    HybriDude Motored Bikes Sponsor

    Gday rcfighterpilot. What's wrong with the robin? and why do want a friction drive to gobble up your tires?
  3. rcfighterpilot

    rcfighterpilot New Member

  4. HybriDude

    HybriDude Motored Bikes Sponsor

    Yep - Gotcha drift.

    Those guys on the other thread will give you good advice. I know nothing about the Robin but people swear by them.

    The good thing about a common HT is that you pedal start it. I suspect that the tire-roller transmission is for low power applications, but I don't know. A couple of years ago when I was looking, I thought 'wet roads, greasy tires' - the friction thing could be problematical
  5. rcfighterpilot

    rcfighterpilot New Member

    yea, i heard that water was a problem, but i probably wont ride it when it is raining, i hate getting splattered from the tires. i only weigh about 120lbs so it should be sufficient power for me. if you go anything above 50cc dont you need a license or something?
  6. HybriDude

    HybriDude Motored Bikes Sponsor

    Looks like you've thought about the main issues rcfighterpilot.

    I hope it goes well.

    Attached Files: