Hello!

haytom

Local time
5:07 AM
Hey guys i just got into the whole gas bike thing, it looks like alto of fun, im going to go pick my cranbrook up tomorrow. im a newbie so id love all of your help, i cant wait to build my bike!

Welcome to MBc, Haytom. Now that you have introduced yourself, be sure to read all you can, including the 'Stickies' at the top of every Forum. They contain a lot of information. For example, ‘Sticky’ by Al.Fisherman has 20 or so links to “How To…” threads, and important pages for you to follow. ‘Sticky’ by Anton "Forum Rules and Infractions” is a must read about how you are expected to Conduct yourself. However, read all of them, and be sure to use the search feature. Almost every question you might have has already been asked and answered someplace here. If you are still stumped with a certain problem, post your question in the proper Forum and I am sure you will get an answer. Good Luck to you.

BTW, where in Florida might you be located in Florida? (That is, if you don't mind saying.) I am in Naples on the Gulf side.

Patrick

Welcome to the forum. Take your time during the build. You want your first motorbike ride to be a fun one.

Welcome but do yourself a favor, don't start with a $100 WallyWord Huffy bike they will not hold up to a motor long.

First off I want to welcome you to MB forum. We have a wide range of knowledgeable members.

We have numerous “stickies” that cover just about any aspect on all MB’s, along with a “SEARCH” function. Although at times it isn’t the easiest to use. This is due to that the title of the post that isn’t specific enough. Posting titles like “Help” doesn’t help others doing a search, and I and others tend to pass them up at times, only going back a later time, which makes an answer longer to get.

Should you have a question, and to make it easier on members, Please state specifics about your subject, such as if you have a engine problem, tell us what engine you have, along with any other important information that we night need to help you, like what carburetor you have, if known. A picture is always helpful. Like the saying goes….a picture is like a 1000 words, also we may see something that might needs to be addressed. Believe me; it happens more often then you think. We know that there are those that are not that knowledgeable, or are mechanically challenged (unusually, PC correct :>), so there is not a stupid question, although I do think that sometimes there are some, so bear with me. Hey what do you expect with 50 years of wrenches in my hands, but we all had to start somewhere.

For those that are not knowledgeable on the terms of parts on a China 2 cycle (some are specific to these HT engines), here is a link that lists about every HT part. It is real hard for me to understand what a “thingy”, “whatcha ya call it” “thing of a jig” is.
http://www.bicycle-engines.com/2stroke-parts-c-4.html?osCsid=ges5a73qhdeuvshi19srjuq544

I have a link in my signature that everyone starting out with a Chinese 2 cycle ought to read. Most are also included in many of the “stickies” This deals with Pre install HT tips for a HT engine in the frame, engine not running correctly and more.

Once again, welcome to the world of MB’s, and have a safe, enjoyable riding experience.
Ron

Back