hello!

welcome

Welcome to the forum sapato grande,There are some realy great people in here with some important insite for first time builder's.You won't be disapointed.Oh well thats big shoes not bigfoot I was close :D :D

Re: welcome

retro_racer said:
Welcome to the forum sapato grande,There are some realy great people in here with some important insite for first time builder's.You won't be disapointed.Oh well thats big shoes not bigfoot I was close :D :D

I noticed right away that this would be the perfect site to get advice on a first time build.

& speaking of fmy first time build-I have an idea for a frame.Schwinn sells a 2007 cruiser called the AEROSPORT.The frame is based on a 1925 Henderson Super X motorcycle.I was thinking of the old Henderson bikes before I saw that frame (I saw some old Hendersons in a Motorcycle encyclopedia in the library).My mothers maiden name is Henderson, & I've been thinking of changing my last name to Henderson for awhile now.I love those really ancient bikes for some reason.

The Aerosport is a single-speed bike, so I wouldn't want to pedal it alot.Luckily, I don't plan on pedalling much :p My bike is gonna be a hill-climber, w/good acceleration.Even if it lowers the top speed a bit, I only wiegh 140lbs, & I plan on using a fairly light bicycle, so that could make up for some loss of engine top speed if I use a 48T sprocket.

Spunout-Thanks for the link!

...& those bands are CRAP.I hate them! :LOL:

Re: welcome

augidog said:
Bigfoot said:
I noticed right away that this would be the perfect site to get advice on a first time build.
i don't mind saying how gratifying it is to hear those exact words, Bigfoot...see my personal mission statement to learn why: http://www.motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=407

welcome to the MBc 8)

I agree about the website structure thing-it makes it very easy to find whatever you're looking for-& for a 100% newbe like me-this is truly invaluable info.Do you realize how much trial & error a beginner would have to go through if this website wasn't here? :eek:

It might be enough to make someone quit in absolute frustration-& no-one wants that :cry:

Some furthur info I just learned about Henderson/Schwinn motorcycles, & the design of the Schwinn cruiser frame-The origional purpose of that space between the top tube, & the curvy tube from the back wheel of a Schwinn cruiser, was from the remnants of a the Henderson motorcycle frame design- a gas tank went there. I don't know how I'd go about getting a custom gas tank made, but it leaves the option open, because it really is a convenient spot for it. :)

Update-I've talked to my brother about the situation-cheap motorcycle vs a motored bike. It actually seems possible that I could just get an old dual purpose.Something like a Honda XL185 or 250 or something (if I can find one).So...

...I'm starting to re-think the motored bike idea.Don't get me wrong-I'd love to build one, & I still might eventually, but getting a motorcycle just seems doable.Apparently the insurance in British Columbia isn't that bad, & the Graduated Licencing restrictions aren't that bad either.I guess I was wrong about that.

I love this website though-keep up the good work.& actually, what I'd REALLY like to build are replicas of antique motorcycles-maybe w/some modern refinements or advantages.
:cool:

Back