Hello

Welcome to the Darkside! Your now an official .01%er. Have you looked into Canadian laws regarding MAB's? We near they're pretty tough on them.

Looks like you live about half way between Steve Best and Street Ryderz. Two Canuck members with tons of experience.

From what I've been reading it doesn't look good . I'd have to get some info from people who ride on the island of Montreal. Worse case scenario I'll just get it running nicely,cleaned up and sell it if I cant use it :-(

If anything does need repairs, that engine's parts are dirt cheap. To save heartache, check to see if the mounting bolts are at least grade 8.8. If not, then odds are none of the bolts or studs have been upgraded and still chinesium. Replace head, engine mounting, exhaust, chain tensioner and wheel sprocket bolts with 8.8 or 12.9 bolts (I use 12.9 because it's not much more expensive for quality security). It really sucks being stuck miles from home or your destination, pushing a stack of bricks (my profile pic) just because of a broken bolt.
Hi CrazyDan
Are you able to identify the motor on the bike with the picture ? If you could that would help me with what gaskets and other goodies I may need to order for replacement.
Thanks for your time

It's one of the 66/80 cc 2 stroke china girls. Not sure on which variant it can be unless the jug was removed. There should be a marking on the rod and then you need to know whether the piston is high pin or low pin. They could be 66 or 69 cc's, depending on if its 38 mm or 40 mm stroke. I'm a tad better with the 4 strokes. Others here can pipe in to help you better, and will most like be doing so soon :p.

It's one of the 66/80 cc 2 stroke china girls. Not sure on which variant it can be unless the jug was removed. There should be a marking on the rod and then you need to know whether the piston is high pin or low pin. They could be 66 or 69 cc's, depending on if its 38 mm or 40 mm stroke. I'm a tad better with the 4 strokes. Others here can pipe in to help you better, and will most like be doing so soon :p.
Thanks for your time CrazyDan

Welcome to the forum. That's a nice looking bike. I like the frame. Montreal is a great city. I've been the many many times. I'm from London Ontario. Lots of good guys on here with a ton of knowledge and information.

Welcome to the forum. That's a nice looking bike. I like the frame. Montreal is a great city. I've been the many many times. I'm from London Ontario. Lots of good guys on here with a ton of knowledge and information.
Thank you GreasyChris

Back