Hello

J

Johnm

Hi my name is John I live in rancho Cucamonga, CA, I have a question I've got a fatmoto bike it seems nice actually, has a few issues to be dealt with, one is the jackshaft set up,if I get the chain gears lined up write after riding the shaft will work itself to the right and throw everything off again,is there any way of locking the shaft without using spacers or shim's, I don't always have time to tinker on things thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum. The should be a collar on the shaft that locks it in place. It use the collar on one side of a bearing and the gear on the opposite side should lock it in place. At least that's how mine works.

I live in Yucaipa, California. We should ride some time.
I'm not sure if that kit has 2 screw holes on each sprocket or not. Most will have 2, one to tighten down on the key, the other to the shaft. If yours has 2 screws, take the one out that locks to the shaft, put the sprocket where you need it, and mark the spot with a pencil or something. Take the sprocket off and drill a hole maybe 1mm down and put it back together. It will keep the sprocket in place on the jackshaft much better. Blue locktite it.

Sorry just got home from work, I like the idea of using a lock color cuz it's the shaft itself that moves sideways in the bearings, and after I get that all setup, I think I might drill some dimple's in the shaft he he for the setscrews that's a super idea I would never thaut of that one, now to my next problem some times when I first start it up it will make this awful sqeeling noise and stall out, I think it's the clutch making chatter cause if I'm quick enough to grab the brake then blip the throttle it will clear up and the noise seams to be from that area, it's a 79.5cc lifan four stroke with cintrificul clutch,my apalagees for the long post.

Normally you will find stock clutches to be very poor quality.
Do you think maybe if after I do oil change and all that other good stuff after break-in if i service it do you think it might clear up? was thinking of maybe raising the ingagement RPM and puting numerically smaller gears to get more sleep but I have some steep hills and I like the take off ability I have now.

Back