Hello

W

Worldtourguy

Hello, I am a motorized bicycle enthusiast. Don't own any bike yet but looking to buy in near future. Need your recommendations.

I particularly dont like Chinese engines being offered these days. Would love a European or North American made thing, even old one for restoration or old one. With a nice old classic design.

Please help me.

Well, I will welcome you aboard the website.
Look at this post by a fellow member;
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=7799
yes, it is in Dutch, but click on the links to the old European bikes on the left. I like the Rex, for front wheel drive, & Cyclaid, for rear wheel power. I have an Orline front wheel drive that is a ball to ride. It is the fastest on a lightweight 3 spd bike, like those in the links, but roads around here are too rough for that type bike. I now have it on a hybrid type bike & it does well. Occassionally one will show up on the " Bay" but you see these type still in use all over Europe.

Bike

Thanks, I like the bike which is not too heavy. I like Schewin 1948 or so with original Wezz engine. Decent one with immaculate condition and all original parts. OR any other which is easy to go uphill for 100 km. Temp here are 25 to 35 degrees. Can anyone find a brand new kind of classic bike for me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to MBc. Search the picture gallery for some ideas. Look for bike swap meets in your area, garage sales and antique malls, craigs list and ebay too. You'll find so many you like it wil make you crazy trying to pick one.

Back